am I retarded or there's no way of exporting 24 bit wavs from FL7?

Apr 5, 2012

1. techskunk Banned by DOA

techskunk
    2,715 posts
    Since May 5, 2011
    The only options are 16 bit and 32 bit??????????

I need 24 bit for best mastering results.

And the exporter in FL7 doesn't have an 24 bit option????????? what?!!?!?!?!!

And no, I'm not upgrading to 10.. because I don't like what they did after 7, and messed up so many things with the way I work.

so, how can I export a project into a 24 bit wav in FL7?

So. I got said they need 24 bit or 16 bit. I wonder why they didn't say if I can't do 24bit then send 32bit?

A bit confused. Any help? Should I ask my mastering house if 32 bit is cool? Because I told the girl, that the only options at the momen are 16 bit and 32 bit and she told me to send 16 bit. For a preview they did (p.s. track is sounding super phat and got a huge huge discount, so happy)

but of course I want the best quality. So why no 24 bit option in FL?
  2. tommerry11

tommerry11
    97 posts
    Since Sep 23, 2011
    If it's not possible to export in 24 bit, 16 bit should be fine. there shouldn't be a noticable difference unless you have an insane dynamic range (i think? haha), but if your just going for phat clubbanger sound, you should be right.

also, upgrade fl already. :smashed:
  3. techskunk Banned by DOA

techskunk
    2,715 posts
    Since May 5, 2011
    I want 24.. Sharon said it's for my own best to be 24.

And no I won't upgrade FL. Stuck on 7 and can do anything I want to. Fl10 is a bit of a joke.

The sampler became a piece of unusable shit. Fuck off image line.
  4. joemaki

joemaki
    1,234 posts
    Since May 15, 2010
    ah do u still yuse patterns lol
  5. techskunk Banned by DOA

techskunk
    2,715 posts
    Since May 5, 2011
    for drums yes.. for other.. it depends.... fl7 isn't actually that old and isn't pattern limited:twothumbs:
  6. joemaki

joemaki
    1,234 posts
    Since May 15, 2010
    ah on the fruity notice 11 is in the works so ive been told
  7. tommerry11

tommerry11
    97 posts
    Since Sep 23, 2011
  8. techskunk Banned by DOA

techskunk
    2,715 posts
    Since May 5, 2011
    thanks man.. will try to load the tracks in FL10 and export them in 24 bit.

so... 32 bit is unusable for them? why not use 32 bit?

jesus christ just when I thought the album is over, now I have to load all the tracks in FL10 and re+export them (thing is, half the synths and other weird shit won't work right on fl10, I'm pretty sure about it)

a bit fucked off, but in the end I'll probably just use 16 bit, if it's not possible to load them on newer fl versions.

thanks guys.
  9. joemaki

joemaki
    1,234 posts
    Since May 15, 2010
    render as 16 bit dled audacity (its free and very very good :twothumbs:) re render in that as 24 bit or even (i do this sometimes) master in audacity has some nice features and now lets you use vstis and third party plugins
  10. techskunk Banned by DOA

techskunk
    2,715 posts
    Since May 5, 2011
    got audacity mate , but I use soundforge , it is alot more 'pro' and better.
  11. kajiotaku BXBL

kajiotaku
    810 posts
    Since Dec 22, 2008
    That's a bit useless, raises the noisefloor. It defeats the purpose of exporting as 24bit.

It's comparable to exporting a 128kbps MP3 as 320.

Export 32bit and convert to 24bit with a nice dithering plugin / program.
  12. techskunk Banned by DOA

techskunk
    2,715 posts
    Since May 5, 2011
    I wish I'd have less talent and be smarter on the technical side.

how the fuck didn't I think of that what you've just said?:smashed:
  13. Feeding Cone cuntsmasher

Feeding Cone
    16,005 posts
    Since Apr 5, 2005
    People actually recommending exporting 16 bit and converting to 24 :smashed:
  14. micblack194

micblack194
    367 posts
    Since Jan 1, 2008
    understanding of noise use to really confuse me, took me a few years to relise that re-sampling was introducing noise!!

reampling+ noise= more noise

OMG, WAITTTTTTT

resamping adds noise and so it becomes NOSIA??????? :smashed::smashed::smashed::slayer:
  15. techskunk Banned by DOA

techskunk
    2,715 posts
    Since May 5, 2011
    I tried 32 bit!

IT SOUNDS FUCKING INSANE!....
  16. Ike Karton

Ike Karton
    387 posts
    Since Apr 4, 2012
    this
  17. Feeding Cone cuntsmasher

Feeding Cone
    16,005 posts
    Since Apr 5, 2005
    The difference takes place below -96DbFS so I'd be surprised if it's really that big a difference, unless you're really cranking it.
  18. techskunk Banned by DOA

techskunk
    2,715 posts
    Since May 5, 2011
    cranking it. but even on headphones the difference is noticeable. insane quality.
  19. CunningLinguist Unimatrix Zero

CunningLinguist
    28,889 posts
    Since Apr 20, 2001
    Image-line offers free lifetime updates. It is one of their biggest marketing strategies. Upgrade to version 10 or whatever they are at now. Or do you not agree with the changes in recent updates?
  20. techskunk Banned by DOA

techskunk
    2,715 posts
    Since May 5, 2011
    I didn't like what they did to the sampler... 7 is where it's at:twothumbs:
  21. rjv

rjv
    764 posts
    Since Jan 7, 2003
    what did they do with the sampler? i can't remember, fl 7 was so long time ago..
  22. ciddic

ciddic
    448 posts
    Since Apr 22, 2007

I am sorta in the same boat as you. I prefer version 8. Version 4-8 kind of feel samey to me, they started messing with the formula too much in later versions.

I have done a few projects in 9, but they moved just enough features around for me to not get fully used to it. I do like the added colors in the playlist though.

I tried out 10, but they changed way too much. I had a problem just trying to paint a pattern in the playlist.

I do like the plugins added in the later versions though. Grossbeat = slick.
  23. phono

phono
    6,178 posts
    Since Sep 23, 2002
    yes, cant answer the FL7 question tho sorry
  24. Andydextruss Something

Andydextruss
    12,156 posts
    Since Feb 17, 2004
    I can't work out what they changed to the sampler at all. You can still use pattern blocks in FL10, in general options (I think) enable legacy blocks or something (dunno why anyone would want to, pattern clips are basically the same but 10 x easier to see, edit and keep organised). 10 has loads of sick plug ins that 7 doesn't (Maximus, Vocodex, Newtone, Grossbeat, etc), massive workflow improvements and works better with multi-core processors.

I don't understand why any plug ins that work in 7 won't work in 10 on the same PC.
  25. brokenfunk

brokenfunk
    202 posts
    Since Dec 17, 2010
    I've got a bit of a noob question here - isn't the bitrate of your exporting limited to what your audio card can do? I've got an integrated realtek laptop card with ASIO, so I assume exporting in 32 bit would be pointless... Please correct me if I'm wrong, I still haven't done my audio card research since I haven't come across buying one yet.
  26. Feeding Cone cuntsmasher

Feeding Cone
    16,005 posts
    Since Apr 5, 2005
    Not when it comes to rendering. Your soundcard's limitations only apply to realtime playback. :wink:
  27. brokenfunk

brokenfunk
    202 posts
    Since Dec 17, 2010
    Ah... Great :smile:
  28. Andydextruss Something

Andydextruss
    12,156 posts
    Since Feb 17, 2004
    Just checked the update history, they've changed nothing on the sampler at all. Stop lying lol.