Robbo Delicious
    22,830 posts
    Since Apr 12, 2006
  4. DJ Mix aka DJ Mix

DJ Mix
    7,328 posts
    Since Dec 15, 2010
    go type a word

you know i'm right, that's why you pretend to disagree.
  5. luthatron \o/ Lord Wavey \o/

luthatron
    42,229 posts
    Since Feb 3, 2004
    what are you right about? all you've done is paste some youtube videos (you will probably refer to it as "evidence" in this "debate" soon!)
  6. hadees Banned

hadees
    3,840 posts
    Since Nov 22, 2002
    Think you will find that the west owns China

"Whatever the price of the Chinese Revolution, it has obviously succeeded not only in producing more efficient and dedicated administration, but also in fostering high morale and community of purpose. The social experiment in China under Chairman Mao's leadership is one of the most important and successful in human history."

David Rockefeller
  7. DJ Mix aka DJ Mix

DJ Mix
    7,328 posts
    Since Dec 15, 2010
    watch the video(s) mate [​IMG]

thread title? oh that's right - you don't actually pay attention. i keep forgetting.
  8. luthatron \o/ Lord Wavey \o/

luthatron
    42,229 posts
    Since Feb 3, 2004
    four words?

why not try explaining what you mean, without relying on youtube videos, you know, actually explain it?

or is that too hard for you?
  9. -BassCunter- some words and stuff

-BassCunter-
    848 posts
    Since Jan 23, 2010
    he's using the old bboy corrosive technique of posting a video and saying nothing lol.
  10. DJ Mix aka DJ Mix

DJ Mix
    7,328 posts
    Since Dec 15, 2010
    since you cannot be bothered to actually watch a pretty straight forward discovery channel documentary, here in a nutshell:

the video shows that many key technologies behind the agricultural revolution in europe actually originated in china.
    (among those many of the things that "made" the history of our western/euroamerican culture).

all i'm saying is that it's pretty hard to insist in jungle having come from detroit when you know it's from london - unless you are being ignorant.
  11. neepheid Space Pirate

neepheid
    5,250 posts
    Since Feb 28, 2012
  12. DJ Mix aka DJ Mix

DJ Mix
    7,328 posts
    Since Dec 15, 2010
    i assume the gif is from the big lebowski?
  13. neepheid Space Pirate

neepheid
    5,250 posts
    Since Feb 28, 2012
    it could well be from that elusive shut the fuck up donny film, donny. you're beginning to see a pattern here and that's most perceptive of you. :thumbup:
  14. DJ Mix aka DJ Mix

DJ Mix
    7,328 posts
    Since Dec 15, 2010
    from your posts i concluded it's the only movie you've ever seen :twothumbs:
  15. neepheid Space Pirate

neepheid
    5,250 posts
    Since Feb 28, 2012
    you know this because you are as wise as an aged Taoist sage.
  16. Wozowski Modernator

Wozowski
    20,031 posts
    Since Aug 18, 2004
    Youtube videos aside, I'd say the $14 Trillion (and counting) they have loaned out to the US means they definitely do own the West.
  17. clone bad penny

clone
    9,835 posts
    Since Apr 26, 2002

i watched all the videos and they were very interesting. they do seem to ignore the fact there were multiple civilizations simultaneously developing equally inventive technologies or far higher intelligent works. you can probably explain how a chain pump functions for irrigation purposes, fair enough. you can explain how the Great Pyramids of Egypt were built in terms of sheer logistics and physics, and the other aspects which remain to suggest still inexplicable knowledge? i'm quite certain you cannot.

The simple implication that DaVinci was only capable of just copying some things from the Chinese is absolutely ludicrous on it's own. The suggestion Pythagoras simply copied the Chinese ideas to develop the Pythagorean Theorom but then was able to create credible Western Algebraic proofs is just :smashed:

Interesting videos and information. Trying to utilize them as proof of any subject matter you don't even understand is, well how you roll. A great post if you didn't try to offer any opinion, or for that matter a suggestion of the point you were trying to make.
  18. DJ Mix aka DJ Mix

DJ Mix
    7,328 posts
    Since Dec 15, 2010
    uuuh, re-using old lutha puns? good game!

thank you! first actual post in the thread.

what does that have to do with china vs europe? nothing at all. great contribution.

where do they say that in the videos?

fixed
  19. artificial knox

artificial
    14,226 posts
    Since Aug 25, 2002
    no coincidence the PARTS of the west excelled miles ahead after it began to explore, same goes for the turks and arab empire. They stole, learned, modified most things they found along the way.

no coincidence, for example, the romans were so far ahead, and then the british, compared to say, sweden whom at the time were still living in villages. why? because the explorers adopted what they found along the way, while those that remained at home, didn't do as much.

what makes china so interesting, is that they never had an expansion period but managed to invent so much, then the silk road opened, and everyone adopted their inventions, from gun powder to silk weaving to tea. also another interesting thing, is that china mostly had invaders, and when you're conquered typically the conquering people try to eliminate your culture, and install theirs, but all of chinas invaders adopted hans way of life, even changing their names and the way they dress to hans chinese style. things like Confucius, chinese poetry, thinking, ideology, is very very different from the rest of the world, and is being looked at as a model today. Eventually I hope the west gets rid of it's arrogance and adopts a bit more of it. including things like tai chi, healthier eating, view on spirituality, nonintervention in other countrys internal affairs, censoring (yea I said it) some of the stupid shit on our children's tv etc. we already do some things, like yoga, sushi, martial arts, which comes from the east, but in the next decade when they surpass, I hope we do a bit more.
  20. parsley

parsley
    6,600 posts
    Since Apr 25, 2004
    Everybody knows that China and Scotland are 50/50 on inventing everything of use. The muslamics invented science and female oppression, the Spanish and the Portuguese invented slums, the Germans invented efficiency, the Europeans beurocracy, the dutch invented comedy American accents, the Russians invented shit interior design, the Irish invented rain and the Americans invented pop tarts. It's all part of lifes rich tapestry
  21. 2turntables ♫♪♫♩♬♭♫♪♫♩♬♭♫♪♫♩♬♭

2turntables
    14,913 posts
    Since Dec 6, 2005
    i knew there was a reason i put him back on ignore
  22. neepheid Space Pirate

neepheid
    5,250 posts
    Since Feb 28, 2012
    [​IMG]
  23. luthatron \o/ Lord Wavey \o/

luthatron
    42,229 posts
    Since Feb 3, 2004
    In this thread dj mix reveals he doesn't even know what a pun is.

I can see why he just posts videos.
  24. DJ Mix aka DJ Mix

DJ Mix
    7,328 posts
    Since Dec 15, 2010
  25. luthatron \o/ Lord Wavey \o/

luthatron
    42,229 posts
    Since Feb 3, 2004
    i can see why you just post videos.
  26. DJ Mix aka DJ Mix

DJ Mix
    7,328 posts
    Since Dec 15, 2010
  27. paigalushus thought criminal

paigalushus
    6,433 posts
    Since Jul 28, 2005
    sort of thought this was going to be about all that money we owe china

forgive me asking the obvious, but isn't the statement "china OWNS the west" a statement about the videos? were we wanting an essay?

leave it west to take something fun like fireworks and make it into a boom sticks with which to dominate natives :smashed:
  28. DJCriticalMass

DJCriticalMass
    3,728 posts
    Since Jul 16, 2002
    Keyword in the video title? Ancient

Plus, China never invaded the west or made them smoke opium.
  29. zeroec Superbad

zeroec
    4,595 posts
    Since Jan 30, 2002
    i dont get it, first you say china, then its the east

yoga is from india as far as i know and sushi is a japanese thing

christians know meditation, we have hermetic philosophy and homeopathy
    just three examples
    that may not be so cool and exotic, but its the western pendant of eastern spirituality i think
  30. artificial knox

artificial
    14,226 posts
    Since Aug 25, 2002
    In one sentence I was talking about China, and then in the next, the east as a whole, all of which in that sphere influenced each other (much like, obv, the west have done in theres)

know? you mean knew. now a days the west push pharmaceutical medicine (which have dangerous side effects) like drug dealers pushing crack.

diet wise I'd say the east eats generally better. compared the U.S.

don't get me wrong tho. I'd much prefer to eat american food, but I know it's not healthier. healthy food is expensive, in the east, it's cheap and typical.