Separate names with a comma.
Jun 16, 2007
tracklist for skkatter's set:::
1) Kano - I'm Ready (Emergency Records)
2) Model 500 - No UFOs (Metroplex)
3) The Unknown DJ - Basstronic (Studio k7, from the Aux 88 compilation)
4) Cybotron - Cosmic Cars (Fantasy)
5) Volsoc - Needleintuit (Noodles Institute of Technology)
6) Volsoc - Shout Out (World Electric)
7) Electric Soul - X2 (Direct Beat)
8) Dmx Krew - What's That Bass? (Breakin' Records)
9) Bass Junkie - Return of the OVC (Breakin' Records)
10) Frequenzberater - Remember Me [The Advent Remix] (Psi-City)
11) Computor Rockers - The Return of The Computor Rockers (Breakin' Records)
12) Luke Eargoggle - I Belong To The Past (Kust Musik)
13) Analog Fingerprints - Battle101 (Plasmek)
14) Professor X - Statix (Clone)
15) Ictus - You Like It (33 Throwdown Recordings)
16) Ozone Layer - Planetary Deterioration [Anthony Rother Remix] (Gigolo)
17) Underground Resistance - Electronic Warfare (Underground Resistance)
18) Der Zyklus - Der Tonimpulstest (Gigolo)
19) Dopplereffekt - Cellular Phone (Dataphysix Engineering)
20) Jimmy Edgar - My Beats (Warp)
21) Miss Kittin & The Hacker - 1982 [Anthony Rother Remix] (Gigolo)
22) Phoencia - Odd Job [Rhythm Box Mix] (Schematic)
23) Imatran Voima - We Love Science (Bunker)
24) Polygon Window - Polygon Window (Warp)
25) Anthony Rother - Trans Europa Express [Bonus Beats] (Psi49net)
26) Dr. Break - 1983 (Doctor Break)
27) Tipper - Pringle Guts (Trigger)
28) Midnight Star - No Parking On The Dance Floor (Solar)
29) Edmx - Running Mama (Devon Records)
30) Voice Stealer - Ordeal X (Subvert)
31) Passarani - Phonok [Gescom Vacuum Party Mix] (Skam)
32) Superlauncher - Locopod Log (Overxposure)
33) Mantronix - Needle To The Groove (Warlock)
THE Egyptian Lover?
I was just about to ask 'i wonder how many people know who he is'.
Fuckin' ell, that's some sick playlist,. :badger: :puke:
That was a SICK ass tune when that came out. I bought it years ago (years!), it was a strange Dynamix 2 style electro thing. One of those weird tunes on a weird label that you've never heard of and never saw again. Good to see it played.
clearly not enough
check out the skkatter and simon conway mixes too everyone - they both know their shit inside out and they keep it realer than real.
did he actually play? first time we went to see him in glasgow last year and because of some customs thing he couldnt play so my daughter dj'd instead and he really liked her
he was meant to play last month in glasgow again i couldnt go cos i was away my daughter went and he didnt turn up..so none of us has actually seen him play yet :grumble: :blue:
he certainly did! records, an 808 and a microphone, cutting scratching, beatjuggling old kraftwerk tunes...
there's a rake of videos on youtube as well
Simon Conway gets things started down at Kennedy's
How much Egyptian love can you handle?
Mr. Lover hands out some free stuff!
Apparently he wanted the crowd to scream
Working Barry's 808 (which he later signed, thus making it triple in value)
More Egyptian flavoured love
Egypt Egypt! And other such exclaimations!
damnit i'll check those vids later! well i hope he turns up at the next gig he's supposed to do here
by all accounts it was the gig of the year if you're into electro etc...
i couldn't make it myself as i was playing on the other side of town for some fly bynight promoter who had a shitty rig and ran off to buy acid with the takings before anyone got paid...
ach i woulda cancelled if i were you
thing is, there's two different promoters who do stuff in that beergarden, it's a wicked venue, i just got it wrong and assumed the same level of professionalism would be on display...
imagine my surprise when the simple act of touching the pitch slider seemed to speed the record up a few notches before stopping it completely and then slowing it down; the decks were these sony yokes that were older than dj_liveloy_04, one of which had been in at least one fire because most of the plastic casing had melted off...
playing kraftwerk reversed is cool
being the EGYPTIAN LOVER is cool
that guy wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence
I grew up listening to his shit. My friends older brother would give me mixtapes with egyptian lover, jamie jupitor, alien whizard, nucleus, etc. Good shit, I have most of this on vinyl. Cost me a pretty penny on ebay, but its fun as hell to play.