emu x2

Mar 27, 2012

1. GeorgeHalfmann

GeorgeHalfmann
    48 posts
    Since Dec 3, 2011
    ok so i bought this yesterday, installed xp on one of my comps installed everything (interface etc) and is working properly.

the only thing that i can not get it to work (its probably in the set-up) is to stretch the sample all over the piano roll. it plays only the root note (whatever note i assign), nothing more.
    its close to 4 AM, read the manual.. been spending at least 12 hours on making everything work, i just dont find this damn thing anywhere.

plz help :D:D

thanks in advance

oh and i use it in live
    :teef:
  2. GeorgeHalfmann

GeorgeHalfmann
    48 posts
    Since Dec 3, 2011

omg man ur so fucking stupid..........................................................:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown

ITS UNDER STRETCH................:smashed::smashed::smashed:
  3. parsley

parsley
    6,586 posts
    Since Apr 25, 2004
    how much did you pay for x2?

it might be a bit of a white elephant - emu pretty much no longer exists & even if they did, they dont support x2 & x2 doesnt work on 64bit windows (thanks to a shitty installer called c-dilla) - so you have to upgrade to x3 at silly money to get it to work.

its a real shitter, because i really liked it as a piece of software
  4. hadees Banned

hadees
    3,840 posts
    Since Nov 22, 2002
    :script:

I have emulator x2 sat in a box now unused because of E-MUs stupid copy protection (wont work on win7 x64). They are an absolute shower of shit, I will never buy anything from Creative again. Creative ruined both E-MU and Ensoniq.:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown
  5. Andydextruss Something

Andydextruss
    12,156 posts
    Since Feb 17, 2004
    How much do you want to sell it for? I'm not upgrading from XP for a loooonnngggg time.
  6. hadees Banned

hadees
    3,840 posts
    Since Nov 22, 2002
    Are you in the UK?
  7. GeorgeHalfmann

GeorgeHalfmann
    48 posts
    Since Dec 3, 2011
    i paid 175 $ for the bundle (midi2x2, X2, and 3gb of some samples). found it on a random amazon link from a random store in Illinois.. lol

well for me it works. installed xp no probs so far
  8. wbrewer

wbrewer
    323 posts
    Since Jun 9, 2004
    E-MU X 3 does not have the E-MU hardware dongle requirement and was upgraded for Windows 7. The problem is they discontinued development and stopped selling X3 Dvd's on their site. I still might buy the X3 but can't find a place to buy the thing. Does any one know if they are going to set up a web download(like they said they might do)? It is very odd they would try to stop sales after stopping all support when they could at least make a little extra money with no liability..

OP should just dedicate a cpu to the E-MU X 2 and use a midi over lan driver with RDP or a good KVM switch. The sampler is way under rated and some ways beats everything else currently available.
  9. Andydextruss Something

Andydextruss
    12,156 posts
    Since Feb 17, 2004
    Yeah.
  10. Andydextruss Something

Andydextruss
    12,156 posts
    Since Feb 17, 2004
    Saw it last year in England on some site for £66 (about $100), I had a look today but couldn't find it in stock.

Edit: http://www.millennium-music.co.uk/emulator-x2-sampling-software £100 now.

X3: http://www.dv247.com/computer-music...full-version-(limited-offer-save-£300)--50018 £140
  11. GeorgeHalfmann

GeorgeHalfmann
    48 posts
    Since Dec 3, 2011
  12. hadees Banned

hadees
    3,840 posts
    Since Nov 22, 2002
    have you got an emu soundcard?
  13. parsley

parsley
    6,586 posts
    Since Apr 25, 2004
  14. Andydextruss Something

Andydextruss
    12,156 posts
    Since Feb 17, 2004
    Nope! I just remembered about that, you can get the MIDI thing for £40 but that's kinda pointless really. I was hoping you had it with the MIDI thing and it was still only worth £65 new :teeth:
  15. P739

P739
    573 posts
    Since Jul 19, 2006
    Just scour ebay for a real EMU, they can be picked up for bugger all these days. :twothumbs: