10,799 posts
    Since Jun 27, 2004
    BBC v SKY

:tea:
  4. he said bonned

he said
    3,209 posts
    Since Jun 27, 2004
    brundle and crofty sounds like an awesome combination, as long as the duties are divided appropriately; that is brundle bringing the facts, and croft the jokes. the reverse would be catastrophic.
    im worried that sky will butcher the broadcast with laddy shite à la Soccer am, a number of clueless bints as eye candy, and a ton of ads on top. I can seriously see them panning into a room full of fans for some "expert" opinions during the uneventful parts of each race.
  5. Physics

Physics
    2,536 posts
    Since Sep 12, 2001
    Welcome back Kimi the Iceman:slayer:
  6. DJGT

DJGT
    4,035 posts
    Since Jun 16, 2002
  7. DjTiesticles Northern and proud

DjTiesticles
    8,772 posts
    Since Apr 3, 2006
    Sky will do a great job

Anyway, it couldn't be any worse than having to endure the boring threesome that is Coulthard, Jordan and Humphries :zzz:
  8. MiL0

MiL0
    15,439 posts
    Since Jan 25, 2002
    does anyone know a way for me to place a bet on Kimi getting on the podium for the first race? I got a secret santa at work next week and I'm buying a present for the biggest Kimi fan you'll ever meet (he's also a massive gambler lol)
  9. he said bonned

he said
    3,209 posts
    Since Jun 27, 2004
  10. SterlingStandard Official DOA Emberist #13

SterlingStandard
    900 posts
    Since Nov 12, 2006
    hamilton vs massa v2
  11. Bison

Bison
    11,741 posts
    Since Nov 2, 2004
    Croft's waaaay too biased on the radio imo. not a bad commentator but he better watch it on the telly. fans dont like it (ie/James Allen).

then again i have a feeling Sky is going to be swinging the flag anyway
  12. aggiman

aggiman
    484 posts
    Since May 26, 2005
    What's the news (if there is any so soon) on the cars? Will Red Bull still be dominant?
  13. decoy

decoy
    29,255 posts
    Since Jun 16, 2001
    No news on the cars, no one will be able to form any kind of opinion until the first test in early February. Having said that Mclaren and Button have made a few smug comments about the new car but they did that last season and it was an absolute train wreck in the two tests so much so they had to go back to a spec b design.

My money is on Red Bull dominating again, they had the best car pre blown diffuser in 2009 so anyone who thinks they are suddenly going to become shit now that blown diffusers are banned are clutching at straws and if anything its Mclaren and Mercedes who will be most heavily effected.

You also have to take into account that Red Bull and Ferrari (+ Sauber) have now left Fota meaning they no longer have to comply with the limited spending regulations they had to in previous seasons. Whether other teams will leave has yet to be seen but its going to be pretty unbalanced if the likes of Mclaren and Mercedes adhere to the Fota spending agreement whilst Red Bull and Ferrari spunk as much money as they want on the development of their car.

Interesting article on this from Andrew Benson: http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/andrewbenson/2011/12/red_bull_set_to_dominate.html

Driver wise its going to be very interesting. Absolutely delighted to see Ricciardo and Vergne at Torro Rosso. Its going to be great to see arguably the two best young talents in open wheel racing going head to head in the same machinery, on top of that they are basically battling it out to see who will replace Webber for the 2013 season. Both have tons of ability and Vergne looked lightning quick at the young drivers test at Abu Dhabi a few weeks ago and he's a cocky son of a bitch as well with a very aggressive driving style. Its a bit harsh on Alguesuari as he was starting to look pretty tidy towards the end of the season but the entire purpose of Torro Rosso is to find the next Vettel for the senior Red Bull team... they are nothing more than a feeder team and whilst Alguesuari and Buemi are good drivers they haven't done enough to show they are great drivers.

Happy to see Kimi back but not expecting him to do anything too amazing this season, i imagine it will take some time to get back into the flow of things after his time away doing WRC and Nascar.

Gutted for Sutil unless he gets a seat at Williams, he's far too talented to not be in F1. The same goes for Hulkenberg, hopefully he will partner Di Resta at Force India next season.

Anyway can't wait for the first test to begin so we can get some kind of rough idea where teams will be... deep down i know its probably going to be another year of Red Bull smashing it, i just hope Webber steps up his game !
  14. minimalist

minimalist
    257 posts
    Since Jan 5, 2010
    I hope this 'no moving back onto the racing line' rule doesnt fuck up the racing. They should be thinking of ways to reduce the amount of legislation since last season, not adding more rules ffs. :rolleyes2
  15. decoy

decoy
    29,255 posts
    Since Jun 16, 2001
    it will be fine, it basically further measures to stop intentional blocking which is good news.

you should see indycar, you can't deviate from the natural line to defend your position, for example if someone is in your tow there is nothing you can do but let them put it up the inside and take the position.
  16. he said bonned

he said
    3,209 posts
    Since Jun 27, 2004
    according to james allen, despite ferrari and RBR leaving FOTA, they are still legally obligated to adhere to the RRA until 2017
    http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2011/12/fota-reeling-as-ferrari-and-red-bull-pull-out/

agreed about ricciardo and vergne, but i can see the former outscoring vergne, and promoted to RBR in the next two years, if not next year. although im even more excited about grosjean. maybe not the fastest, but surely an entertaining driver to watch. interesting of renault to sign María de Villota as test driver; good to see a chick driver in f1.

webber must do better, i really want to see him do a mansell, and pimp out of the sport as a champion. but with driving a car designed for vettel, it will be somewhat hard.
    im also disappointed with Kubica and his manager. what a crap way to treat a team that covered your rehabilitation and paid your contract's $7 mil, for recovering. not saying renaultlotus are the nicest guys around, but boullier was absolutely right to say that they won't provide robert with a warm up if he's signed to ferrari for 2013.

and furthermore on this, why the fuck would anyone want to go to ferrari whilst nando is still there? no possibility of success there. the two of them are supposed to be personal friends, but i doubt alonso would be up for equality within the team.
  17. Bison

Bison
    11,741 posts
    Since Nov 2, 2004
    of course he would.
  18. he said bonned

he said
    3,209 posts
    Since Jun 27, 2004
    i'll reserve judgement until such union takes place, but history has proven again and again that nando cries when he doesn't get what he wants.
  19. Physics

Physics
    2,536 posts
    Since Sep 12, 2001
  20. courier RinsingAgentRA

courier
    34,606 posts
    Since Aug 1, 2003
    [​IMG]
  21. barryon Fiddely Dee. Rumpity Doo.

barryon
    4,051 posts
    Since Dec 9, 2008
    I don;t get formula one but lets say i wanted to get it. Where would i start about getting into it? I love cars so i don't see why i wouldn;t like it if i tried. Where do i start? I'm talking offside rule for wimin stuff.
  22. Azonica Hospital Records

Azonica
    2,374 posts
    Since Aug 8, 2002
    Agreed, hearing that they'd BOTH gone to Sky had me looking at Sky packages straight away. I like the fact you don't have to buy the full sports package to get the F1 Channel too, just the HD pack which is more more appealing anyway

I can't wait until Melbourne already
  23. Bison

Bison
    11,741 posts
    Since Nov 2, 2004
    Hulkenberg confirmed at Force India to replace Sutil alongside Di Resta
  24. a_5mith Official DOA Emberist #4

a_5mith
    8,515 posts
    Since May 23, 2008
  25. Bison

Bison
    11,741 posts
    Since Nov 2, 2004
    watch a race, find a driver/team you're interested and then just listen to the commentary. it's not that complex really
  26. WittyUsername unregistered user

WittyUsername
    797 posts
    Since Sep 19, 2010
    Toro Rosso replace both drivers with Ricciardo & another guy whose name escapes me at this second. Surprised Alguesuari went really, he'd seemingly grown a lot and was very young but we'll see.
  27. he said bonned

he said
    3,209 posts
    Since Jun 27, 2004
    to begin with, it is a very complicated sport. there's a heap of rules involved, both in terms of the technology that goes into the cars, the actual driving and what the drivers are allowed to do, and the format of the whole race weekend. To make matters worse, the powers that be keep changing the rules each year, sometimes radically, trying to improve the spectacle.

The most common issue that comes up when comparing F1 to most other circuit motosports, is the lack of overtaking and evident battle between the cars. this is due to the way the cars are built to work, but also due to the fact that most drivers are actually running them to their limits; therefore leaving little room for spectacular differences in performance between the more evenly rated cars.

Martin Brundle did a series of videos over the last few years, where he explains in fairly simple language most of the issues you should know to understand what goes on.

enjoy!
  28. Bison

Bison
    11,741 posts
    Since Nov 2, 2004
    Sutil deserves a fucking drive!
  29. he said bonned

he said
    3,209 posts
    Since Jun 27, 2004
    sooo...

buemi been signed as reserve driver for RBR and STR. not bad i suppose.
    also, word is going round that Barrichello may keep his seat in williams.
    and the French GP may be revived, with Paul Riccard being the most likely circuit to host. and to make matters worse, they are still talking about alternating it with Spa. fuck. that.
  30. WittyUsername unregistered user

WittyUsername
    797 posts
    Since Sep 19, 2010
    cunts. Spa is hands down my pants the single best circuit on the calendar. I'd rather lose Silverstone than Spa.