decoy
    29,255 posts
    Since Jun 16, 2001
    Brilliant race, very happy for Rosberg and Mercedes :slayer:
  4. he said bonned

he said
    3,209 posts
    Since Jun 27, 2004
    great scraps behind too. shame for kimi, but now he got a bit more experience in tyre management.
  5. a_5mith Official DOA Emberist #4

a_5mith
    8,515 posts
    Since May 23, 2008
    Woo, Mclaren 2-3. :teef::teef:

Was great fun watching webber nearly take off in his f1 car as he tried rejoining the track.
  6. Bison

Bison
    11,736 posts
    Since Nov 2, 2004
    well done Nico! pretty exciting last 15 or so laps! loved how close 2-10th were.
  7. World Renowned

World Renowned
    25,174 posts
    Since Nov 28, 2001
    formula one is coming to my city, but noone can afford to go
  8. he said bonned

he said
    3,209 posts
    Since Jun 27, 2004
    barca?
  9. World Renowned

World Renowned
    25,174 posts
    Since Nov 28, 2001
    austin texas usa
  10. bsjnr1

bsjnr1
    11,667 posts
    Since Jan 3, 2007
    First race I've watched this season & what a race!
  11. ozenfant baxtrose plz just "ozenfant"

ozenfant baxtrose
    4,817 posts
    Since Aug 12, 2003
    how much is a ticket?
    was the nascar-weekend sold out?
  12. satboy Banned by DOA

satboy
    744 posts
    Since Mar 10, 2012
    pity they sabotaged schumi, otherwise there would have been an 1-2 for the silver arrows :twothumbs:
  13. decoy

decoy
    29,255 posts
    Since Jun 16, 2001

single ticket prices haven't been announced, you can only get season tickets at the minute which cost thousands of dollars.

nascar sprint cup at texas is on a completely different track/area, it didnt sell out but there was 100,000 for last nights race.
  14. ozenfant baxtrose plz just "ozenfant"

ozenfant baxtrose
    4,817 posts
    Since Aug 12, 2003
    i know it's a different track, but i was reading something about droping attendance-numbers in nascar due to a weekend at the track became more and more unaffordable for families, blame on the crisis etc etc.
    so yeah, f1 is best on tv anyways imo imo.
  15. courier RinsingAgentRA

courier
    34,606 posts
    Since Aug 1, 2003
    most enjoyable race. Glad i got up for that :slayer:
  16. he said bonned

he said
    3,209 posts
    Since Jun 27, 2004
    urgh, this year's first finger. lets hope there wont be many others to come..
  17. decoy

decoy
    29,255 posts
    Since Jun 16, 2001
    red bull 1/2 tomorrow if they avoid incident, their car seems to handle the tyre degradation here better than mclaren and mercedes.

disappointing that red bull have already close the tiny performance gap mclaren had at the start of the season... really wouldn't be surprised if they start smashing it from this race onwards :thumb down

oh and anyone else notice that force india got completely blanked from the tv coverage...

wonder why that is :thumbdown
  18. Bison

Bison
    11,736 posts
    Since Nov 2, 2004
    well done to Vet. RB's race pace is seemingly pretty solid so he should be able to close this one out.
  19. aquarius

aquarius
    1,138 posts
    Since May 24, 2005
    anyone got a stream link? Fukin sky :thumbdown
  20. he said bonned

he said
    3,209 posts
    Since Jun 27, 2004
    the fuck is wrong with maclaren pit crew?:zzz:
  21. aquarius

aquarius
    1,138 posts
    Since May 24, 2005
    Unbelievable in it. Twice in this race and last one too :rolleyes2
  22. decoy

decoy
    29,255 posts
    Since Jun 16, 2001
    Good race, pleased for lotus. Hamilton must be fuming, they cocked up all three of his pit stop:smashed:
  23. he said bonned

he said
    3,209 posts
    Since Jun 27, 2004
    yup, lotus finally capitalising on their potential this year. lets hope they keep it up for the European rounds. Maclaren just plain woeful today.
    nice one on Di Resta too actually. not too shabby.
  24. satboy Banned by DOA

satboy
    744 posts
    Since Mar 10, 2012
    what could we say about Mercedes pit crew then, losing a screw? :smashed:

great job Vettel, showing all the sour haters how it is done! fantastic comeback for Raikonnen, it also makes me happy for Lotus (well, deserved, pity that they dont build their engines...)

McLaren got what it was asking for

Rosberg showed good pace and consistent performance and Schumi surged almost 10 places - we can most certainly hope for top-five next race hehe. seriously, fuck barcelona, bring back JEREZ!!! :(
  25. he said bonned

he said
    3,209 posts
    Since Jun 27, 2004
    lol, kimi's really confused about the current F1 rules. first the blue flag thing, now still thinks that team orders are banned.. :laughing:
  26. Bison

Bison
    11,736 posts
    Since Nov 2, 2004
    bad luck for the Mclaren drivers. they're almost as bad in the stops as Ferrari were in 08/09. heads must roll.

would of prefered kimi to win but grats for Vet. both drove well, as did Grosjean.

Massa finally drove well and Alonso was typically solid too. points iz points.

will Rosberg get a penalty? i think so, especially for doing the same thing twice.
  27. he said bonned

he said
    3,209 posts
    Since Jun 27, 2004
    fuck me, sky's coverage is terrible. Lazenby and Pinkham must shut the fuck up. cringe :smashed:
  28. satboy Banned by DOA

satboy
    744 posts
    Since Mar 10, 2012
    he just wants to drive a fast car man... hes an artist... i totally get him! :twothumbs:
  29. kramz

kramz
    1,787 posts
    Since Mar 18, 2008
    I know it's important to regulate, but in terms of new design ideas it seems there's never anything overly noteworthy these days. It seems like it's usually a small innovation that all of the other teams just copy relatively quickly. Personally I would like to see more layout variations and a wider range of engineering decisions, otherwise it may as well be spec racing. Obviously awesome spec racing, but spec racing none the less.
  30. decoy

decoy
    29,255 posts
    Since Jun 16, 2001
    schumacher, rosberg and a few other drivers have been moaning about the pirellis after the race and tbh i think they have a point, as brundle said its all becoming a bit too much about the tyres... its become the polar opposite of what it used to be like. They need to find some middle ground asap.

"The main thing I feel unhappy about is that everyone has to drive well below a driver's, and in particular, the car limits to maintain the tyres," he told BBC Radio 5.

"I just question whether the tyres should play such a big importance, or whether they should last a bit longer - and that you can drive at normal racing car speed and not cruise around like we have a safety car."

Schumacher added in his post-race summary that he thinks Pirelli should reconsider its approach to tyres – because the problems of not being able to push to the limit were being experienced by too many people.

"I'm not happy about the situation, lets see what happens in future," explained the Mercedes driver. "If it would be a one-off car issue, then you could say it's up on us to deal with it.

"But basically it is everybody with maybe one or two exceptions. And if it is 80 per cent of the field that has this problem, then maybe the tyre supplier should think about that."

Its just a gimmick nowadays with the ridiculous "cliff scenario", people cry about the bridgestones providing dull racing well thats a massive exaggeration imo, i remember plenty of great races prior to pirellis.

F1 should be about driving your car on the edge not nannying it round the track trying to preserve tyres...