how do i go about finding a job in hong kong?

Apr 4, 2012

1. cool mr croc een bolleke alstublieft

cool mr croc
    30,075 posts
    Since Apr 12, 2004
    i wouldnt mind spending 1 or 2 years there. are there any agencies that deal with this sort of thing? it would be a software programming job.
  2. Stu Diablo ♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪

Stu Diablo
    7,423 posts
    Since Jul 3, 2009
    Why not ask a board that hates you.

Sure your going to get a good response mate.

Or use your fucking fat head and look yourself you simple spastic.
  3. RomperStomper Old Member

RomperStomper
    8,730 posts
    Since Apr 3, 2002
  4. Tits McGee

Tits McGee
    439 posts
    Since Jan 4, 2012
    stand in front of a mirror and pull your eyes out sideways with your fingers to get that chinkey eye look. then practice saying "I need job... you give me job now... ok"

once you got that locked down catch the next flight over bruv, your all set
  5. Tits McGee

Tits McGee
    439 posts
    Since Jan 4, 2012
    stand in front of a mirror and pull your eyes out sideways with your fingers to get that chinkey eye look. then practice saying "I need job... you give me job now... ok"

once you got that locked down catch the next flight over bruv, your all set
  6. Brecht No longer in limbo

Brecht
    21,683 posts
    Since Mar 5, 2004
    My best man now works out there, he transferred internally inside his bank which is the easiest way to do it.

You'll need a work visa to do it, and the easiest way to get one of those is get sponsored by a company, again the easiest way for this is to transfer internally or to be pretty senior already and a desirable employee.

Just apply to as many jobs as you can find out there, honestly. The only agencies I know have major presence there are Morgan McKinley (but that's finance only) and Michael Page.

May be worth emailing your resume to Michael Page, they only do professional recruitment though and don't know about their video game development desk.
  7. satboy Banned by DOA

satboy
    744 posts
    Since Mar 10, 2012
    he declares hes a jew in an other topic and then i am called racist

fuckin banker

jesus christ
  8. neepheid Space Pirate

neepheid
    5,250 posts
    Since Feb 28, 2012
    Travel there with trunk and man servant and demand to be billeted under her majesty's decree. I expect you can then proceed to find gainful employment with an export company, there are lists in the localised edition of The Times, I believe.
  9. Stu Diablo ♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪

Stu Diablo
    7,423 posts
    Since Jul 3, 2009

Fuck off...

Jews are the original bankers, get your history straight, the Romans would not let the Jews buy property so they became morgage lenders.

1,000s of years of hard savings...

Fair play Brecht.
  10. satboy Banned by DOA

satboy
    744 posts
    Since Mar 10, 2012
    thats my point man. romans did not allow them to buy them out so they found an other way to make profit. 1000s of years of figuring out how to fuck over the people who care more about life than about money*... very noble!

*including the financing of the 3rd reich at the expense of their brethren

i hate hypocrisy and they made the world all about hipocrisy.
  11. Brecht No longer in limbo

Brecht
    21,683 posts
    Since Mar 5, 2004
    What the fuck are you talking about?

You are anti-semitic, what on earth has that got to do with here?

1) I'm not a banker
    2) Finance doesn't only mean banking you complete moron, every business has a finance department
    3) What was wrong with what I posted?
  12. satboy Banned by DOA

satboy
    744 posts
    Since Mar 10, 2012
    now i am antisemitic too! great!

finance = banking = money fetishism = worse than murder

you will get cancer if you continue down this path. just wait and see.
  13. joemaki

joemaki
    1,234 posts
    Since May 15, 2010
    sucky sucky 5 dollar :teeth:
  14. Brecht No longer in limbo

Brecht
    21,683 posts
    Since Mar 5, 2004
    I don't work in banking, how difficult is that to understand?

Also, finance = accounting, financial services = banking (as well as other things).

If you're going to be a ***** at least be right about it.
  15. Brecht No longer in limbo

Brecht
    21,683 posts
    Since Mar 5, 2004
    Oh and you are anti-semitic, not that complicated.
  16. RomperStomper Old Member

RomperStomper
    8,730 posts
    Since Apr 3, 2002

Yes, you absolutely are.

This thread is about getting a job in HK.

Why derail it with racist, stereotyping insults?
  17. cool mr croc een bolleke alstublieft

cool mr croc
    30,075 posts
    Since Apr 12, 2004
  18. satboy Banned by DOA

satboy
    744 posts
    Since Mar 10, 2012
    i dont care fuckall about your (and your banker-financier-services friends) mumbojumbo bullshittin skills mate. you promote banks and EVERYTHING that has to do with lending on interest is more vile than me bashing in your face with an AIDS infested hammer

if banks werent now taking over governments, getting land property and using the police, i wouldnt even be angry.

cancer mate. you are sick and nature is gonna get rid of you.
  19. Brecht No longer in limbo

Brecht
    21,683 posts
    Since Mar 5, 2004
    Anyway, you will need a visa, as I said the easiest way is to transfer internally (which won't work here).

Company will have to sponsor you, so you need to really stand out from the crowd or get very lucky. Let me ask my mate in HK if he knows of anything that may help you, I'll get back to you.
  20. Bison

Bison
    11,741 posts
    Since Nov 2, 2004
    1.. go to china

2.. see if there's some work going

3.. see above
  21. cool mr croc een bolleke alstublieft

cool mr croc
    30,075 posts
    Since Apr 12, 2004
    that would be nice cheers. probably a silly idea though.
  22. courier RinsingAgentRA

courier
    34,606 posts
    Since Aug 1, 2003
    play nice, yeah?
  23. Brecht No longer in limbo

Brecht
    21,683 posts
    Since Mar 5, 2004
    I work for a legal firm, not quite sure why you think I'm promoting banks :laughing:

Also, you're completely wrong about everything that has to do with lending on interest being vile. Without it, businesses couldn't expand at key times, people couldn't afford property etc etc etc.

Not all lending is toxic, you fool.
  24. satboy Banned by DOA

satboy
    744 posts
    Since Mar 10, 2012
    hey mr croc, what brecht is saying is that if you are STOOOOPID not to work prostitute yourself for a BIG BIG company, you need to prove that you are an inoffensive castrated clown... even more, you have to get some luck (i.e. pay off a lot of people for the priviledge of working).

with his help, calling his HK friends, i would change my destination mate, if i were you... if you care about your kidneys that is :twothumbs:
  25. Brecht No longer in limbo

Brecht
    21,683 posts
    Since Mar 5, 2004
    :laughing:

Not at all what I said, simply stating the facts.
  26. 2turntables ♫♪♫♩♬♭♫♪♫♩♬♭♫♪♫♩♬♭

2turntables
    14,922 posts
    Since Dec 6, 2005
    he should just open a dnb/idm bar instead, it would be a winner :twothumbs:
  27. satboy Banned by DOA

satboy
    744 posts
    Since Mar 10, 2012
    you are promoting banks in this topic you fool! just look at your posts! you are all erect about corporations and banks!

lending WITHOUT interest would also allow businesses to expand at key times and people to afford property... i lent VERY large sums of money to people i knew i can TRUST, just to HELP and i almost always got them back... BANKS make profit because nowdays only vile people have money, people who dont have anything else but MONEY (like values or humanity).
  28. satboy Banned by DOA

satboy
    744 posts
    Since Mar 10, 2012
    yes mate but for that he needs a loan... and when he cant repay it, brechts friends wont pat him on the shoulder and thank him for trying to do something for the good of civilization... no, they would try to transplant his brain and fart when they dont understand why the procedure didnt work :mad:
  29. exp_cj

exp_cj
    4,313 posts
    Since May 13, 2003
    neeeed job, famwee hungwe, from pooor cuntwee, fascist government, powise beat me.

All the people i know who've worked in Hong King say it's great, as long as you are ready to work for 12 hours a day and only get 4 days holiday a year or something. It's never appealed much to me.
  30. Brecht No longer in limbo

Brecht
    21,683 posts
    Since Mar 5, 2004
    By saying the easiest way to work in HK is to transfer internally in your company?

It can be a 1 person company as long as it has an office in HK, doesn't have to be an MNC or a bank, just so happens that one person I know out there works for a bank.

Yes but:

a) Unfortunately we live in a capitalist society, until we have radical change companies are not going to lend for no gain
    b) Lending with interest can benefit all involved parties, the people lending can make money (good for the economy) and the people being lent to can do the same (good for the economy)

Lending to those that can't afford it, or developing toxic financial products for short term gain is bad for everyone involved aside from the seller, but not all lending is like that. You can't group all financial services institutions (and departments, and strategies) together no more than you can group all electronics firms together.

Your complete lack of understanding of these basic points lead is truly quite astounding, sounds like an 18 year old's logic tbh.