Looking for feedback on some tracks

Apr 13, 2006

1. Alan_fromTX bleeargh

Alan_fromTX
    231 posts
    Since May 30, 2005
    Hi there folks. I've got a few songs I'm looking for feedback on.

Got 3 songs up in dere now.

Drumf0nk is fleshed out with bass guitar and some nice hypnotic synthwork. Very spacey and hypnotic, with a psychedelic strings n solo breakdown in the middle.

Power is a glitchy raggacore sorta tune with mad drum edits all the way through.

Rugmunchers is a trashy sort of digital punk rock sort of song with a hilarious phone call courtesy of 'melba' (actually my old friend Brother Russell) talking about a women's rights conference with a couple of conservative christian radio announcers.

Tell me wotcha think, boysngirls.

http://www.myspace.com/alanselectronicmuse
  2. Alan_fromTX bleeargh

Alan_fromTX
    231 posts
    Since May 30, 2005
    I'm looking for any tips one might have for eq regarding what they hear coming out of their speakers, stuff like that as well.
  3. double J i need an adult

double J
    41,181 posts
    Since Nov 5, 2001
  4. alphabeta Banned by DOA

alphabeta
    9,838 posts
    Since Mar 22, 2006
    drumfonk - very odd, like the percussion but not the beat when it drops. nice bass, you thought about doing a lcd soundsystem type thing with singing over the top? I think that would go well with your offbeat but live sounding style. just a suggestion, might tie the track together a bit.

power - nice glitchy sound . still dont think your glitch is as good as squarepusher tho, which it sounds a lot like, so perhaps i would use the stutter fills a lot more sparingly and make it more subtle with more bass melody.

rugmunchers - bit too random for me
  5. Alan_fromTX bleeargh

Alan_fromTX
    231 posts
    Since May 30, 2005
    Thanks man! still a bit new to these parts. Lots of good music around here though. Understatement.
  6. alphabeta Banned by DOA

alphabeta
    9,838 posts
    Since Mar 22, 2006
    ^^^
    at least you are trying to be original tho, keep it up and im sure youll stumble on something genius. like i said my advice is to try and use the 'oddness' of your tracks a bit more sparingly for greater effect
  7. Alan_fromTX bleeargh

Alan_fromTX
    231 posts
    Since May 30, 2005
    I'm definitely trying to bring myself and my perspective into my work, and make something that has some originality to it. People like ASC and OmCreator inspire me quite a bit because their material definitely is not status quo.
  8. Alan_fromTX bleeargh

Alan_fromTX
    231 posts
    Since May 30, 2005
    this board moves fast. bumping for more people to listen, heh. Tell me what you think.