Mackie 824MKII vs Adam A8X vs A7X

May 30, 2011

1. dob Heist - Survivor

dob
    54 posts
    Since Apr 2, 2010
    hi,I am going to buy some monitors.First thing is that I will be using them in a relatively small place,room about 2.60cm high,2.40cm wide and 4.20cm long.The monitors will be never more than 100cm away from my head,more like 50-60cm...

also I produce sub bass thing on headphones and then chceck it on my hi fi witch have sub so I dont need these to go down to 35hz but hey,I am not going to be angry if my monitors would go that low but I dont need it.

That also means I dont need extra volume,all I want is linear reproduction between 80hz- to absolute top end,revealing unforgiving monitors with great stereoimaging.I dont want them to sound good when the tune is shit basicly.

The Adam A7X and those old yamahas are best in this,they are very revealing.

the Mackies is what everyone have but itsnt this just some bandwagon thing? like whole scene use them so I naturaly must buy em to fit in... or not?

they are alot powerfull 250w with 8.75" woofer,but when it comes to laser accurancy and stereo imaging in mid highs wouldnt the Adams with its ribbon tweeter beat it,again I dont need volume or subs,mainly if it can in fact hurt the quality in such a small room and close position
  2. Zoot2Boot []B[]_[][]\/[][]D[][]\[]

Zoot2Boot
    2,087 posts
    Since Oct 9, 2004
    Well none of those monitors are going to fit in that room tbh. I don't think any commonly manufactured speaker will. probs best to move you studio out the matchbox before thinking about monitors
  3. dob Heist - Survivor

dob
    54 posts
    Since Apr 2, 2010
    you didnt saw rusko dubstep tutorial didnt you :D one of these "matchbox" rooms have saw rise of biggest names in EDM,having big enough house to be in mtv cribs is for sure advantage but not many can afford that.

theres I will move to bigger place but that aint happening any time soon,my room isnt that small,maybe you the size I said is smaller than it is.
  4. directmusic Direct

directmusic
    58 posts
    Since Aug 7, 2009
    You said your room was 2.6 centimeters high.
  5. flyingmidget

flyingmidget
    557 posts
    Since Mar 4, 2008
    Rusko also produced by candle light. Light bulbs impart a muddy tone to the mix Ive heard.
  6. dob Heist - Survivor

dob
    54 posts
    Since Apr 2, 2010
    lol I what a stupid mistake,I was wanted to type meters not centimeters :teeth:
  7. dob Heist - Survivor

dob
    54 posts
    Since Apr 2, 2010
    I know alot people here use A7X,will you be so nice and share your opinion?
  8. matman Meh

matman
    137 posts
    Since Jan 14, 2008
    My pal has the adam a7's and they rock! But, I have a small room and just got the adam a5x's, and they rock! You may need to turn the tweeter down a touch, but they are awes ome!!!:twothumbs:
  9. dob Heist - Survivor

dob
    54 posts
    Since Apr 2, 2010
    thanks man :smile: to tell the truth I think the A7X with sub later is way to go,but that Mackies seems to be nice,maybe not so much detail but it definately isnt that bad since everybody use them from Rusko,Chase Status to Sub Focus and Xample & Lomax,Dom & Roland...
  10. matman Meh

matman
    137 posts
    Since Jan 14, 2008
    But will they be to bog for a small room?? I dont know my self, but they could be counter productive if so!! At high volume anyway. Plus the a5x's are that bit cheaper:wink: