Official Manchester United 2011/2012 Season Thread

Sep 9, 2011

1. ItHasToBeSaid

ItHasToBeSaid
    6,839 posts
    Since Apr 5, 2008
    i'm going tonight, what's the atmosphere generally like in the east stand? i'll be in EL138 so low down
  2. Bigfoot

Bigfoot
    3,283 posts
    Since Mar 10, 2006

looks like they had a good time over there :laughing:
  3. JohnC PSN: manchestermans

JohnC
    11,677 posts
    Since May 10, 2001
    lol @ lets go oriental..:laughing:
  4. Bigfoot

Bigfoot
    3,283 posts
    Since Mar 10, 2006
    i have a bad feeling about this game tomorrow

:thumbdown
  5. Bigfoot

Bigfoot
    3,283 posts
    Since Mar 10, 2006
    east stand is awesome, that is the first level too, was it good? at OT i prefer the view at the very back of the first level or the front of the second for a bit of height.. i've still never sat in the stretford end :mad:
  6. DjTiesticles Northern and proud

DjTiesticles
    8,772 posts
    Since Apr 3, 2006
    It does have the feeling of one of those games that we fuck up

Hoping for a sneaky 1-0 win
  7. Bigfoot

Bigfoot
    3,283 posts
    Since Mar 10, 2006
    come on utd, big game today.

spurs haven't beaten us since 2001 though, i really hope this isn't the time they let them do it - we need to stay hot on city's heels! 5 point gap at the moment!
  8. ToxicWaltz

ToxicWaltz
    859 posts
    Since Aug 19, 2007
    I think even if you lose today you'll still probably win the league.
    See City dropping points against Arsenal, Newcaslte, Man United and Stoke. Swansea away won't be an easy game.
    Citys best hope is you lose today (I predict a draw) and then lose at the Etihad (predict a United win, bitter sweet revenge and all that) and hopefully Sunderland will put up a fight on the last day.
  9. Bigfoot

Bigfoot
    3,283 posts
    Since Mar 10, 2006
    yeah i think we have the easier run in, but anthing can happen in that head to head. could be a really cagey affair, or could be like a crazy cup game!

most exciting season for a while imo. if we can't win it, i know city will, and they are moneybags/scum.

today should be a good game whatever happens. two good sides, playing some silky, quick, direct, attacking football. good luck all.
  10. ItHasToBeSaid

ItHasToBeSaid
    6,839 posts
    Since Apr 5, 2008
    yeah it was although it's quite hard to see what's going on at the other end of the pitch and the corner of the east and south stand, i guess the best view of the game where you can see everything well would be in the north stand
  11. Bigfoot

Bigfoot
    3,283 posts
    Since Mar 10, 2006
    first game i went to at OT was at the top of the north stand, the players looked like ants lol.
  12. JohnC PSN: manchestermans

JohnC
    11,677 posts
    Since May 10, 2001
    I love my seat - 7 rows from the front of the the lower Stretford End!:slayer:

Got a feeling it's gonna be an exciting game today! Spurs are a great side so I'll be buzzing if we get the win:slayer:
  13. ste-j

ste-j
    3,807 posts
    Since Sep 3, 2006
    Row 7??? I couldn't sit that close. Isn't your pitch quite high from memory?

I'm row 45, a bit further back than I would like but a nice perspective.
  14. Brecht No longer in limbo

Brecht
    21,683 posts
    Since Mar 5, 2004
    Good luck today lads tbh.

Sick of the pisstaking banter at the moment, and got enough respect for everything United have achieved since I've been alive but we are well overdue a win against your gang.

Hoping for a cracking game, have a horrid hangover so it best be worth me being out of bed this early.
  15. DjTiesticles Northern and proud

DjTiesticles
    8,772 posts
    Since Apr 3, 2006
    Hoping for a good open game of football with a positive result at the end of the 90 minutes

Wouldn't be surprised if we lost though
  16. Bigfoot

Bigfoot
    3,283 posts
    Since Mar 10, 2006
    cheers fella good luck too. i am originally from tufnell park, and had to endure years of grief from the gooners at my school in the late 80's and the 90's - so i have a lot of respect from spurs, a team who have been great to watch for my entire life and always tried to play the game properly.

but with all due respect, i hope we smash you lol. bit worried about it tho!
  17. the_rukus

the_rukus
    231 posts
    Since May 6, 2011
    :twothumbs:
  18. ItHasToBeSaid

ItHasToBeSaid
    6,839 posts
    Since Apr 5, 2008
    we just got owned, lucky it ended 3-2 because they deserved their 3-1 lead and we wouldn't have had a chance there imo, what a load of shit
  19. Bigfoot

Bigfoot
    3,283 posts
    Since Mar 10, 2006
    i agree, but fuck it, i still had a load of hi-grade, four cobra beers and a jalfreizi, so it's not all bad (work tomorrow) :teeth:
  20. decoy

decoy
    29,255 posts
    Since Jun 16, 2001
    im beginning to wonder if we are seeing the gradual decline of english club football, not in terms of entertainment (its better than ever) but in terms of overall quality.
  21. bsjnr1

bsjnr1
    11,668 posts
    Since Jan 3, 2007
    City losing aswell... it would be crazy if the premier league didn't have a single team left in either the CL or Europa league at the quarter final stage :smashed:
  22. JohnC PSN: manchestermans

JohnC
    11,677 posts
    Since May 10, 2001
    The worm has turned!!:slayer:
  23. Bigfoot

Bigfoot
    3,283 posts
    Since Mar 10, 2006
    we've stil got 10 games to go pal, i know what you're sayin tho :wink:
  24. JohnC PSN: manchestermans

JohnC
    11,677 posts
    Since May 10, 2001
    Oh I know and I'm not taking anything for granted but the way City and ourselves have been leap-frogging each other with the different KO times it's nice to actually be top and stay top..
  25. ToxicWaltz

ToxicWaltz
    859 posts
    Since Aug 19, 2007
    Think it was on BBC i read the stat that City has dropped 16 points in their last 16 games.
    Not sure if this is true and presume they mean non-league games aswell but thats not a sign of a winning team :mad:
  26. decoy

decoy
    29,255 posts
    Since Jun 16, 2001
    this is embarrassing and I'm not even a united fan :laughing:

champions of england getting completely and utterly schooled for the second time in a row by a mid table spanish side.

premier league the best in the world ? nah, not anymore.
  27. JohnC PSN: manchestermans

JohnC
    11,677 posts
    Since May 10, 2001
    I'm not embarassed at all at all, they were great over both legs..

Agree with your second comment though..
  28. aquarius

aquarius
    1,138 posts
    Since May 24, 2005
    Is unbelievable to think they're only ninth in the league or something, they were excellent both legs and could've easily been more goals.. Maybe a lot of their teams cancel each other out or something? Fuk knows, great to watch though.

Not too embarrassing really, sometimes you have to sit back and applaud it and realise that's the bar you have to try and get to. Good learning curve for some of them young players expect
  29. JohnC PSN: manchestermans

JohnC
    11,677 posts
    Since May 10, 2001
    The speed they play the game is about 5 times faster than the PL, scary..:smashed:
  30. ToxicWaltz

ToxicWaltz
    859 posts
    Since Aug 19, 2007
    Anything you can do...:smashed: