OMG. it's dubstep. run... (part 2)

Dec 19, 2011

1. terra.firma

terra.firma
    3,218 posts
    Since Mar 9, 2004
    to your friendly neighborhood tree dealer and roll one up.

[​IMG]

polyrhythms galore! tracklist:

hxdb & 3rdeye - transpacific
    author - fix
    sepalcure - pencil pimp
    pixelord & coax - equis
    kastle - could u want me (blackwax remix)
    nino - buio omega (offshore remix)
    starkey - beta tester
    clicks & whistles - neva get caught (myrryrs remix)
    kuhn - slime beach
    hell science dept - ghetto
    author - revolutions
    submotion orchestra - angel eyes
    porkchop - oozed
    knorsq - torturing the fader
    psyman - drama
    501 - timeout
    antiserum & 12th planet - purple & gold
    501 - smoke & mirrors
    kromestar - disagree
    author feat. ben glass - green & blue
    hatti vatti - you feat. cian finn
    kingdom - if you buck
    starkey - villagers
    nino - innsmouth
    arp.101 - u
    pixelord - kiwi dream

implication - ad libitum

mirror link

76 min mix @ 320. njoi!
  2. Mag

Mag
    11,433 posts
    Since Apr 6, 2001
    Can someone be super kind and kick this to something other than mediafire?

my work blocks mediafire for some unknown reason as every other file hosting site works fine.
  3. terra.firma

terra.firma
    3,218 posts
    Since Mar 9, 2004
    sorry about that homey. will get on a mirror when I get home in a few.
  4. terra.firma

terra.firma
    3,218 posts
    Since Mar 9, 2004
    k. mirror posted in original post now.
  5. p1nkY I think so Brain, but..

p1nkY
    1,800 posts
    Since Apr 8, 2007
    i'd recommend using sites like mirrorcreator.com and sharebee.com or shurrit.com: you upload your file to one site and it automatically uploads it on a lot of diffrent hosters
    downloading your mix now
  6. terra.firma

terra.firma
    3,218 posts
    Since Mar 9, 2004
    ahh. nice one. I should have been aware of such services considering all of the pirating I, errr, haven't done through them
  7. terra.firma

terra.firma
    3,218 posts
    Since Mar 9, 2004
    bump for the sleepyheads. ring in the new year with the contempt and ire of your next door neighbors!
  8. 2turntables ♫♪♫♩♬♭♫♪♫♩♬♭♫♪♫♩♬♭

2turntables
    14,904 posts
    Since Dec 6, 2005
    cheers

i really enjoyed the first one
  9. terra.firma

terra.firma
    3,218 posts
    Since Mar 9, 2004
    cool man. appreciate hearing that. you should dig this as well then. it's on a different tip, but it's pretty grand in scope. I think it's a bit more ambitious than my last tbh.
  10. terra.firma

terra.firma
    3,218 posts
    Since Mar 9, 2004
    2012 bump. was just listening back to this one and I'm pretty sure I'll never surpass the overall quality of this mix. shame cus the first of this series was well-received on here, but this one, which I find far superior, never seemed to receive the light it should. give this mix a chance if you are or aren't into dubstep. but particularly worth downloading if you're a dubstep hater as I feel this mix, moreso than any of my prior dubstep mixes, really showcases just what separates dubstep/bass music from the collective pack of electronic music.
  11. Dave Roberts Amen Bizness Seen'

Dave Roberts
    5,168 posts
    Since Jan 27, 2008
    Will check as your tastes have always had my approval. :twothumbs: Do you have a soundcloud you can put it on?
  12. deviant methods [dnr]

deviant methods
    1,197 posts
    Since Aug 14, 2003
    Get on SOUNDCLOUD and I will not only listen to the mix, but I will follow you, and then we can be Soundcloud friends!
    Link below, buddy.
  13. terra.firma

terra.firma
    3,218 posts
    Since Mar 9, 2004
    wicked! always nice to hear people dig the sounds I try to push. ultimately, I mix for myself, but it does me a world of encouragement to know at least one other person out there can get down with it too. uploading to a soundcloud page as I type. will update this post with a link when it is done going through.

shiiiiit. you sold me with the exclamation point. adding you now squire. will check out your stuff :twothumbs:

while I've got you two here, I may as well continue my mix whoring and link you guys to my first dnb mix of the year. like this mix, I find it hard to believe I can achieve much higher stylistically. and, sadly, like this mix, it was slept on by DOA. anyway, link to fred here. cop it if you knows what's goods for yas!

edit: just realized you already posted in that mix thread deviant methods. big up yourself sir!
  14. Dave Roberts Amen Bizness Seen'

Dave Roberts
    5,168 posts
    Since Jan 27, 2008
    I recall us having a few PM's about down-tempo/trip hoppy stuff. I think you actually initialised my love for Blockhead! Well yeah basically you should do that type of genre mix too, I would definitely dig that! :slayer:
  15. terra.firma

terra.firma
    3,218 posts
    Since Mar 9, 2004
    right on. I recall those PMs. yeah blockhead is definitely underappreciated by the masses. he deserves more light than the likes of rjd2 and others of that ilk pushing similar sounds. hey, speaking of downtempo bboy breaks music, have you ever listened to maker at all? he's a legend out of chicago, but unfortunately, largely slept on as well. if not check out his lp from 2005 called shooting the breeze. one of the finest examples of proper drum editing and dedication to the craft. something about the authenticity and delays he puts on his drums that puts his production in a class of its own. every now and then I come back to that lp and find myself absolutely floored by it yet again. unfortunately, can't find anything on youtube to highlight it, but trust me, you need this lp.

[​IMG]

also check out his collaborations with qwel as well, particularly the harvest. that lp hits very hard. here's some tasty samples from it.

anyway, here's soundcloud link to this dubstep mix.
  16. Dave Roberts Amen Bizness Seen'

Dave Roberts
    5,168 posts
    Since Jan 27, 2008
    Nice man! I'll get on checking this marker dude. Is it reminiscent of Prefuse 73/Fly Lo hip hop edit experimentation stuff or is slightly different to that? Either way sounds pretty dope, sounds like I'm going to have to get this LP! Any other recommendations?! Will check the mix man and give you some feedback :twothumbs:
  17. terra.firma

terra.firma
    3,218 posts
    Since Mar 9, 2004
    maker is maker imo. no one else really pushing that same sound. it's not all that experimental, although the beats off the harvest certainly are not your standard fair hip-hop. to me he's a throwback to the tradition of cutting up classic bboy breaks and finding those extremely hypnotic loops in the deconstruction and re-building process.

as far as other recommendations, shit, I could go on all day my nigga. but as of late I've been trying to put people onto the wah wah 45s label. everything on that label is of the utmost quality and just sweats jazz, soul, and funk. recently I've been getting more and more into part-time heroes. check out both their lps - meanwhile and lightfalls which just dropped this week - they are both out of this world. also check scrimshire - along came the devil, resonators - resonators, stac - turn that light out, hardkandy - how do you do nothing and second to none. like I said earlier, just get to know that label if you don't already follow it because it's hard to come by labels with such a high level of funk, integrity and quality control...

edit: also here are some lesser known arttists that released some stuff unlike anything else out there and then disappeared unfortunately: grunert - grunert and construction kit. love both of those lps to death. yet to meet anyone who's even heard of the dude. also skalpel - skalpel and konfusion are fantastic as well. on more of an instrumental hip-hop tip, check out kixnare - digital garden, which was one of my favorite lps of 2010.
    will appreciate feedback on the mix!
  18. DrinkFromTheStink

DrinkFromTheStink
    413 posts
    Since Feb 20, 2011
  19. Dave Roberts Amen Bizness Seen'

Dave Roberts
    5,168 posts
    Since Jan 27, 2008
    Jesus thats a lot of info! Will mark this bad boy and try and sift my way through all this music.

On my ipod, will listen tomorrow at the gym!
  20. Bside06

Bside06
    142 posts
    Since Feb 21, 2012
    This is a good mix, dude. I used to hate dubstep until recently and your mix is showing me why I'm starting to dig it.
  21. Dave Roberts Amen Bizness Seen'

Dave Roberts
    5,168 posts
    Since Jan 27, 2008
    Gave this a shot, the mixing is impeccable and flawless. You really can't fault it, some of the tunes were okay, but ultimately this kind of dubstep really isn't for me. I DO like 140, but it's got to have more of a melodic side to it, without just having a kick and a snare. Just my personal preference, aside from that, I'm sure this mix appeals to the audience it was meant for. :twothumbs:

Just an example of the stuff that I like (or that got me into what I like now):

:slayer:
  22. Bside06

Bside06
    142 posts
    Since Feb 21, 2012
    Yea, there were a handful of tunes I could live without, ie. the ones with the excessive wobble bass, but it was a well done mix.

I dig 2562, also. Been really getting into Ital Tek, as well. Check him out.
  23. Bside06

Bside06
    142 posts
    Since Feb 21, 2012
    Gotta' dig this.

24. donk on it

donk
    978 posts
    Since Jan 11, 2011
    Been listening to this again recently. Belated props for a well thought out mix :twothumbs:
  25. terra.firma

terra.firma
    3,218 posts
    Since Mar 9, 2004
    Cheers for all the feedback folks. Will be back with some new sounds real soon.