Paradox Presents 'The Age of Outsiders' [2 x CD] Out next month !!!

Nov 21, 2007

1. outsiderz

outsiderz
    772 posts
    Since Aug 15, 2003
    Out next month for xmas !!!

Outsider Music Double CD mixed by Nucleus and Trax spanning the whole 20 episodes of the Outsider catalogue including some exclusive unreleased tracks.

www.paradoxmusic.com

The Age of Outsiders...

"I started Outsider Music to guide and nurture new artists in the Drum and Bass scene. The

whole ethos of Outsider was basically spawned on the back of my Paradox career at 4-Hero's

Reinforced Records. Reinforced we're the bench mark in creative and forward thinking Drum and

Bass labels and still hold that title today. Just like my time at the R, Outsider has discovered and

helped artists such as Macc find his feet and give other artists a solid platform to release their

diverse styles and this double cd is a showcase of what the label has achieved since it's birth in

late 2002. Every release is just pure gold to me.. nothing has been released for the sake of it, or

to get the catalogue to rise. Every artist old and new that has contributed to the twenty releases

has really progressed and matured over the labels six years"

"I released ‘Aries Maze’ first as I had to start the label I guess.. and then Outsider 002 saw Usa's

Sileni debut with the beautiful ‘4D’. The third release saw Droppin Science newcomers London

based Fracture and Neptune drop ‘Colemanism’ for me, a track that I first heard out at

Technicality that just blew me away, and just knew I had to release it. My lifetime Mixrace partner

DJ Trax had started to program dnb again after a long spell out of the game and he dropped the

4th release, which was a sign that the DJ Trax was back and a welcome return for me personally

as the scene had missed his beats. The 5th release was eventually filled by an artist that had

taken a few years to send a cd to me after a million promises over a two year period hehe..

Macc's fierce ‘Gutteral’ fitted the label well and was a good introduction to the drummers breaks"

"On a trip to Leipzig Germany I came across Con.struct and he delivered the lovely ‘I Feel the

Earth Move’, a summer glo-type roller that grabbed me, and that was backed with a cool Frac and

Neppers cinematic piece”

“DJ Trax and Macc then kinda hogged the Outsider limelight and schedule for the following six

releases with both releasing three solo 12"s each. Trax's stand out tracks for me personally was

‘The Drummer is the Heartbeat’ and ‘The Beat Freak’.. a real nostalgic trip back to the golden

Dnb era..Im telling you, the Beat Freak is timeless and will stand the sands of time for many

years”

“The labels diversity was really gathering pace throughout 2006 and Macc's consistent quality

output for Outsider supplied the 8th, 9th and 12th releases, too many tracks to mention really..

but ‘Be Like Water’ really stood out for me"

"For the unlucky number 13 I decided to do some work for a change and I released ‘Breakdown’

by Paradox then ‘Tradewind’ appeared on Outsider 14 by the Uk's Asc, a real stunner and

another favorite of mine in the second half of the labels catalogue. The on-going label ethos

featured two new artists from different sides of the globe for the 15th release hailing from Texas

Usa and Manchester Uk. On my PA travels I bumped into Deeperheightz from the Audiosalad

crew and in early 2007 they delivered a stunner in the shape of ‘The Blackness’, a nice trip down

the retro Blue Note lane that the current scene missed. Aperture debuted on the flip, an artist that

delivers real emotion in his music. Macc returned for the 16th installment and totally nailed the

amen break for me in ‘No turning Back’, and Aperture dropped his first solo 12" for Outsider 17

with a real gem entitled ‘Losing the Point’, another timeless piece indeed"

"Brighton’s Matt Insight graced the 18th release with the Funky Mule charged ‘Mystical Aura’,

another new producer that I had met on my travels and Outsider 19 featured a new artist that I

came across in Lithuania called Spotless and he delivered a stunning track reminiscent of the

pinnacle Good Looking days and I'm very happy to release ‘With the Friend the Shadow’ for

everyone to hear via Outsider"

"To mark the 20th release I decided to do an double vinyl ep featuring four artists. I discovered

Antidote and Panopticon’s ‘Peripheral Thinking’ and swiftly signed it to Outsider. Macc and DJ

Trax both returned for the project and Aperture wrote the stunning and depressing [in a good

way] ‘Gift of Life’"

“My Reinforced and Esoteric partner Nucleus and Mixrace’s DJ Trax both stepped up to do these

mixes to showcase the label avenue’s past, present and future, three old skoolers, or fossils you

could say, trying to preserve good Drum and Bass in a casio-step scene that has completely changed since

the peak 1995 days”

"Just missing the cd is Outsider 21's ‘North to Future’ release, but I'll save that little beauty for the

second cd release! In all, looking back at the whole catalogue there are so many timeless

releases and I'm extremely proud of all the tracks. These mix’s really had to be done to give

everyone around the world a chance to hear the artists work on cd because lets face it.. vinyl is

slowly dying and its a format that will eventually disappear..however, just like Reinforced..

Outsider will definately live on"

Dev Paradox.

Tracklisting:

CD1 Mixed by Nucleus

01. DJ TRAX – THE BEAT FREAK
    02. MACC - GUTTERAL
    03. MACC - JOURNEYS
    04. FRACTURE & NEPTUNE - COLEMANISM
    05. PARADOX - ARIES MAZE
    06. CONSTRUCT - I FEEL THE EARTH MOVE
    07. PARADOX - EPOCH
    08. MACC - SWALLOW IT
    09. SILENI – 4D
    10. DJ TRAX - SERENITY [PARADOX RMX]

CD2 Mixed by DJ Trax

01. ASC - TRADEWIND
    02. APERTURE - LOSING THE POINT
    03. DJ TRAX - THE DRUMMER IS THE HEARTBEAT
    04. APERTURE - GIFT OF LIFE
    05. PARADOX - BREAKDOWN
    06. INSIGHT - MYSTICAL AURA
    07. MACC - BE LIKE WATER
    08. DEEPERHEIGHTZ - THE BLACKNESS
    09. ANTIDOTE & PANOPTICON - PERIPHERAL THINKING
    10. MACC - NO TURNING BACK
    11. DJ TRAX & MACC - DRAGO’S PATH
    12. SPOTLESS - WITH THE FRIEND THE SHADOW

www.paradoxmusic.com
  2. blumarten

blumarten
    25,225 posts
    Since Aug 3, 2005
  3. safetyboy

safetyboy
    4,256 posts
    Since Dec 4, 2003
  4. PHYSE Sarcastic Cunt

PHYSE
    16,267 posts
    Since Jun 21, 2001
  5. wrd

wrd
    2,468 posts
    Since Jul 20, 2001
    mixed:blue:

would love to own the catalog on unmixed cd.
  6. Code

Code
    6,322 posts
    Since Feb 13, 2003
    With "Aries Maze" as the first release, you just knew this label was gonna be good !

One of the labels keepin' the beats alive - lookin forward to the next 20 releases ...

:twothumbs:
  7. Discography NVious

Discography
    10,536 posts
    Since Apr 19, 2004
    There is no doubt that I will bag this.:love:
  8. geist

geist
    4,765 posts
    Since Apr 15, 2002
    wow, paradox being articulate about his music and his approach and its merits without constantly talking shit about all other kinds of music. He actually sounds mature. Must have hired someone to talk about what would improve his image or something.

yeah, wish the cd was unmixed.... oh well. I'll buy it
  9. outsiderz

outsiderz
    772 posts
    Since Aug 15, 2003
    take away vodka and the worlds your oyster :smile:
  10. geist

geist
    4,765 posts
    Since Apr 15, 2002
    :laughing:
  11. RobertGraff

RobertGraff
    2,466 posts
    Since Aug 13, 2005
    DAT TRACKLISTING IS SICK BRUV...

TRACKLUSTING LOL
  12. messsingh

messsingh
    21,889 posts
    Since Feb 4, 2002
    Oi

Shut it you slag!

I am so pleased to have Aries Maze on vinyl!

PM15 is pure badness aswell!

I recently moved my record collection to another bigger room in my house and its amazing how many paradox beats I have stacked over the years!

Jazz
  13. geist

geist
    4,765 posts
    Since Apr 15, 2002
    yep I've got all those too, and paradox/reinforced/outsider etc vinyl to no end. Even got to enjoy a paradox PA in Chicago that I went out of my way to see.

Great music, but this statement for the outsider 2xcd is like the first time I've witnessed informative, proud, but not smug or competitive self-description. It's actually a good thing!
  14. messsingh

messsingh
    21,889 posts
    Since Feb 4, 2002
    Nah

I think more people in DnB should slag stuff off!

I do it all the times and it proper winds people up!

Its a good laugh!

Jazz

ps Dev is correct in what he says any way!
  15. loo manjao .ml.

loo manjao
    3,667 posts
    Since Dec 29, 2003
  16. lazy samurai

lazy samurai
    268 posts
    Since Jun 15, 2007
    extreme want of this one :love:
  17. ASC Auxiliary

ASC
    4,962 posts
    Since Nov 2, 2001
    :thumbup:
  18. DJ Stunna In The Greenroom.....

DJ Stunna
    7,521 posts
    Since Jul 25, 2001
  19. CLAUDE601

CLAUDE601
    18,135 posts
    Since Jun 27, 2006
  20. wooleybear

wooleybear
    695 posts
    Since Jan 3, 2006
  21. bigworm

bigworm
    8,067 posts
    Since Oct 24, 2003
    In Dnb

PARADOX is the BottomLine!

:slayer:
  22. vinylologist

vinylologist
    4,276 posts
    Since Oct 5, 2002
    will defianetely have some of that :thumbup:
  23. insight

insight
    1,522 posts
    Since Oct 27, 2001
  24. illatron

illatron
    2,697 posts
    Since Nov 27, 2004
  25. Profane

Profane
    914 posts
    Since Apr 13, 2005
    buy on sight

done talk
  26. Wu Lala

Wu Lala
    11,553 posts
    Since Feb 7, 2007
    bigup Mr Paradox :badger:

:laughing: : the Paralol, but in fairness we need a good winge every now and then, reminds us where weve stood in shit along the way. Keep em coming man, good stuff :thumbup:
  27. outsiderz

outsiderz
    772 posts
    Since Aug 15, 2003
    A winge a day helps you work rest and play :smile:
  28. paulreset

paulreset
    6,505 posts
    Since May 22, 2001
    Nice - defo gonna pick this up!

Also interesting to read the short little history of each release - nice touch.
  29. tyranny AKA EXECUTIVE STEVE

tyranny
    18,957 posts
    Since Apr 24, 2002
    nucleus and trax are both fucking amazing dj's as well...

:thumbup:
  30. monsta THEY TAKE MY CARTOONS

monsta
    12,948 posts
    Since Jan 10, 2002
    gotta get this!