Part Privatisation of the UK police via G4S

Mar 2, 2012

1. Bigfoot

Bigfoot
    3,283 posts
    Since Mar 10, 2006
    lol, one party favours 'electoral reform' and the other doesn't. that's a clear difference :thumbup:
  2. hadees Banned

hadees
    3,840 posts
    Since Nov 22, 2002
    :ana:
  3. Bigfoot

Bigfoot
    3,283 posts
    Since Mar 10, 2006

:laughing:
  4. DJ Mix aka DJ Mix

DJ Mix
    7,385 posts
    Since Dec 15, 2010
    hey have both different and common features, ok?
  5. CounterPoint Nitrite Records Executive

CounterPoint
    1,210 posts
    Since Sep 28, 2009
    Safe. I can't see any problems with this. If you've done nothing wrong you've got nothing to hide.

New world order lol
  6. Wu Lala

Wu Lala
    11,553 posts
    Since Feb 7, 2007

I think theyre probably more chancers than designers, though I do think the element of design is far under estimated by a lot of people, theyre not stupid, they certainly plan ahead,. I would guess they leave less to chance than most of us. I also think its hard to get around the fact they have an agenda, if theyre jumping on opportunities or engineering them theres still a consistent theme to their actions. I dont think its an agreed, specific agenda for everyone manipulating behind the scenes, but given our system concentration of power and wealth b2b suppression of accountability by some means is surely on most of their cards and where they find common ground.

How are we ever going to put our country back together? 40 years down the line how do we take back our education, health service, policing, power, transport networks etc from the private sector into a more accountable public institution? Measures being slipped in left right and center with a few months on the table now will take a long time to reverse, if it is at all possible.

There was a quote in the dailyfail today from the president of the eu, saying that all national parliaments are now like bodies of the eu, only in words of course, for now... creep creep creep creep, but u know we need it, because of the economic crisis and that init, we need tighter control of accounting and policy mirroring within europe, its not about fusing the west into 1 country, its about stability and stuff.
  7. Wu Lala

Wu Lala
    11,553 posts
    Since Feb 7, 2007
    you cant see a problem with introducing profit and competition into policing, a profession whos interests should be the wellbeing of society? A private business with a capitalist society generally has an aim of growth, thats what investors want, you think its a good idea to have people potentially trying to grow policing for private profit rather than policing being a measured response to the needs of society?

Yeah you and me are ok jack, were not murderers, thieves and drug dealers, but unless youre a complete moron youll surely realise there are wider social implications for a society we both have to live in and when divisions get too deep people start burning down buildings and attacking party headquarters in the 10,000s.

But yeah youre ok pal, lol @ the scummy criminals who give a shit about this sort of stuff init, what are you all rapists or something?
  8. CounterPoint Nitrite Records Executive

CounterPoint
    1,210 posts
    Since Sep 28, 2009
    :teeth: Wu La, la la de da

The problem isn't really that the gov are contracting out part of their monopoly on the use of force. It will be the charter these agencies are given to work under and the lack of sound guiding principles. It can potentially be worse than we already have. I presume the areas where it could get worse will highlight all the things wrong with it as it is now, like any action that steps beyond protecting the public and is more like revenue collection.

IMO the real problem is that there is a monopoly on the use of force in the first place.

Not a good idea imo. More freedom is needed not more restrictive laws and hired thugs to enforce them.
  9. Bigfoot

Bigfoot
    3,283 posts
    Since Mar 10, 2006
    i really does amaze me that people have such opposing views on privatisation, it's like a chemical balance in the brain or something.
  10. DJ Mix aka DJ Mix

DJ Mix
    7,385 posts
    Since Dec 15, 2010
    i bet you my entire record collection that it WILL get worse. perhaps you don't see the inevitability because you are a solid moron?

see heer:

EVERY privatisation in every country has gone bad. the concept simply does not work (for states and peoples).

also the nwo lol part. it is not an invention of crackpots, it is an ideology that has been publicly pushed and debated or over a decade now.
    idiots ignore it, massive idiots deny its existence (like global warming really).
  11. radjew

radjew
    8,100 posts
    Since Jul 7, 2001
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/29/w...migrants-to-turn-a-profit.html?pagewanted=all

http://www.birminghammail.net/news/...ing-keys-at-birmingham-prison-97319-29639791/

http://www.birminghammail.net/news/...ing-keys-at-birmingham-prison-97319-29639791/

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/feb/08/staff-deportation-flights-g4s

some examples to date of G4S.

Remember the guy nearly strangled to death on a forced deportation flight ... guess what .. G4S.

Remember the prison officer tried for stealing the master keys to Birmingham HMP ... guess what G4S.

Remember the torching of Ford Open prison last new years eve because the inmates were pissed ... guess what .... G4S.
  12. luthatron \o/ Lord Wavey \o/

luthatron
    42,245 posts
    Since Feb 3, 2004
    oh god i've just realised their name is a play on the word "g-force"

[​IMG]
  13. Paradigm X

Paradigm X
    2,307 posts
    Since Oct 17, 2003
    an unaccountable profit motivated police force. What could possible go wrong?

this is utterly insane, even the tory voters wont go for this surely?

god help us all.
  14. CounterPoint Nitrite Records Executive

CounterPoint
    1,210 posts
    Since Sep 28, 2009
    Lol

I know. Of course it's going to be worse and lol at the NWO because it's a phrase that gets used in politicals a lot and has done for a long time. I know. Lol at those who think it represent a domineering plan for a global dictatorship by the illuminati.

You horizontal man.
  15. Wu Lala

Wu Lala
    11,553 posts
    Since Feb 7, 2007
    who mentioned the illuminati? So far only you. lol at smug chumps who walk into threads being condescending cunts and are then forced to go back on half their argument and direct the other half at fictitious extreme conspiracy theorists that are nowhere to be seen

why dont you just do everyone a favour a shut your face when it comes to serious issues if you just want to jerk off and get a sad little ego boost from what you mistake for easy pickings.
  16. CounterPoint Nitrite Records Executive

CounterPoint
    1,210 posts
    Since Sep 28, 2009
    Ok Wu la la.. chill your panties.. I didn't put forward any argument. I agree with everyone. It's not good. I made that clear. I am glad that my obviously sarcastic comments have raised a bite from you twice now.
    But I'll stop, as you said, it's a serious discussion. This is DOA after all, the place for serious discussions on serious issues with serious people like you.

Carry on.
  17. CounterPoint Nitrite Records Executive

CounterPoint
    1,210 posts
    Since Sep 28, 2009
    But just so I understand you. Although you don't mention the illuminati. Unless I am misunderstand, you are reffering to the New World Order in this post in a 'they' sense. Like it is a group of people in a secret cabal to rule the world and not what it actilually is, a political phrase that is used to represent shifts in global political and economical power.
  18. Lunat

Lunat
    580 posts
    Since Apr 9, 2007
    This is surprising anyone? The last 30 years in the western world have been a constant and slow systematic attack on fundamental liberties and (the few amount of) democracy that used to exist. To the exclusive profit of a small cast of bankers and corporations owners.

I mean now they don't even hide the fact that they're firing prime ministers who talk about referendum, and everywhere in europe they institute bankers from the same bank instead, without any kind of democratic process.

And don't even get me started on the EU. And some people still believe in the media story telling, some people still buy the Obama versus the Evil Republican bullshit, some people still eat the Tories VS Labour fairy tale.

Fucking wake up, this is all a farce, ho and, we lost without having any opportunity to fight and now it's too late. Welcome to the 21st century.

19. minimal

minimal
    10,050 posts
    Since Apr 6, 2005
    We do? Do you have a link for that? I couldn't find anything.
  20. Wu Lala

Wu Lala
    11,553 posts
    Since Feb 7, 2007
    Im refering to 'they' as he politicians and related people who name drop the new world order as a phase to encapsulate an intentional shift towards 'western' values and stability, for want of a better description, across the world, the people who believe countries need to be increasingly interconnected and codependent, centrally governed, the social engineers, the people who plan wars behind the scenes and then plan ways to sell them to the public.

I dont think every politician, high civil servant, senator etc is part of a cult that all worship weird gods and they all meet at secret locations to discuss this incredibly tight plan for everything that happens. But if you think these sort of people dont meet and strategise behind closed doors youre a fool, and ultimately the exact nature of their relationship is irrelevant, just look at the world around you and what they are doing to it, do you agree with it?

If not what are you gonna do? Suppress anyone trying to talk about that because you have watched an Alex Jones doc and then decided everyone who mentions the new world order must be on the same page as him? You ever think its quite convenient that people like him exist to make anyone talking about these themes seem like a nut? That it actually helps people get away with things youve stated you dont agree with? Does it matter is thats intentional or just opportunistic? Shouldnt you be more concerned with the fact its happening? Shouldnt you be less concerned with what I think Tony Blair and his ilk get up to behind closed doors and more concerned with what theyve actually done and continue to do? It seems to me theres a great herd safety in putting the sort of people who are in this thread down as childish, and it comes dressed up as the level headed, thinking mans option. I felt that you came in here with that mentality and then made the least thinking man and the most childish post so far in the thread, and it was a negative post directed at people so I made a negative posted directed back at you.

I wouldnt take it personally though, I have friends that are like brothers to me who would make you look like a David Icke fanblog writer, and we mock each other with far more vigour. It can come across as judgemental but I dont hold things against people, Im as big an idiot as anyone Ive encountered, it doesnt stop me absolutely adoring myself.
  21. DJ Mix aka DJ Mix

DJ Mix
    7,385 posts
    Since Dec 15, 2010
    all in all, the voters will go for ANYTHING so long as it is sold to them with proper marketing.
  22. CounterPoint Nitrite Records Executive

CounterPoint
    1,210 posts
    Since Sep 28, 2009
    Safe.
  23. DJ Mix aka DJ Mix

DJ Mix
    7,385 posts
    Since Dec 15, 2010
    no need for your coolness pretense really, he pretty much sank your battleship.
  24. Flipvert

Flipvert
    3,536 posts
    Since Aug 23, 2003
    5 years later than expected, but many of us have been banging on about this kind of thing since late 90's --- and most of the replies contained the word "lizards" and they were right, and now people are seeing it happen... not much we can do now tho... too little too late...

unless...
  25. CounterPoint Nitrite Records Executive

CounterPoint
    1,210 posts
    Since Sep 28, 2009
    Except for where he is wrong so no, not really. Im just not interested in getting into a volley of quotes and replies just to point this out and feel no need to verify myself like he has done.
  26. DeViLiSh

DeViLiSh
    1,893 posts
    Since Feb 6, 2008
    [​IMG]
  27. radjew

radjew
    8,100 posts
    Since Jul 7, 2001
    We did have the opportunity to fight but most decided not to participate and if your in the 5% of objectors you were either a commie or deluded (apparently). And taking the angle of "i've known all along and it is what it is" is a good way of making excuses for apathy I agree. The internet is a powerful tool for projecting some type of democracy on decisions which go against the wishes of the masses .. that has been shown in a macro-way 4 or 5 times over the last few years with one of the biggest successes being the privatization of woodlands. Lets see what happens witn this NHS charade. Either that or start the revolution, other have through history.
  28. DJ Mix aka DJ Mix

DJ Mix
    7,385 posts
    Since Dec 15, 2010
    yeah right :laughing:
  29. Wu Lala

Wu Lala
    11,553 posts
    Since Feb 7, 2007
    counterpoint is a nice guy and I dont enjoy arguing with him, I like the vast majority of his posts and hes a good bloke. I was just in a more confrontational mood than normal yesterday so I bit his bait. I dont mean to be like a bulldog with my opinions, I just have lots of them and some sort of reasoning behind it, even if its nonsense which lets be honest, it often is. I dont like disagreeing with any of you lot and feel free to bite back and tell me to shut up, it needs done from time to time.
  30. neepheid Space Pirate

neepheid
    5,250 posts
    Since Feb 28, 2012
    no mate, it says that they cannot have powers of arrest in the article. to me that suggests that the problem may be more like having a bunch of pseudo-plods standing around the high street at 2am on a saturday night looking the other way while someone gets a right good kicking.

like the cops do now. oh...