Pep Guardiola to stand down as Barcelona manager

Apr 27, 2012

1. AmsLoco

AmsLoco
    4,914 posts
    Since Apr 27, 2006
    Think i am going to hand my notice in at work and put my cv forward to Barca :laughing:

anyways
    Won everything and has the best team in the world under him. Must have been a hard decision but fair paly

Year out then maybe try himself at the premierleague? Maybe tease messi over this way too? the latter i doubt but would be nice

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17855980
  2. KG

KG
    32,107 posts
    Since Jul 24, 2002
    Be interesting to see how good a manager he really is, it's all very well winning things in a 2 team league when you've inherited the best team in the world with the best youth coaching structure, a lot different when you haven't got all that.
  3. obscure

obscure
    9,936 posts
    Since Aug 16, 2001
    Will be very interesting indeed....

Next season is gonna be fucking immense :slayer:
  4. bsjnr1

bsjnr1
    11,668 posts
    Since Jan 3, 2007
    I kinda respect him tbh, he could've easily just stayed at barca for another 5-10 yrs but he wants the challenge, he wants to better himself as a manager, if he came to the prem he certianly wouldnt be able to play the one dimensional way barca do without that wealth of talent, it would be interesting to see how he'd adapt.
  5. AmsLoco

AmsLoco
    4,914 posts
    Since Apr 27, 2006
    Yes very interested to see how he well or not a job he would do in the premierleague

Couldnt really see him at Chelsea the way they go through managers.

Part of what i heard with the 12 months contracts was either he didnt get on that well with the current board or he just wanted to be able to leave when he wants ( so maybe chelsea is an option :teeth: )

Could you see him at man utd, arsenal or even spurs for that matter?
    Would he need to prove himself at another club first?
    Would clubs be willing to take him on considering the fact what he has done for Barca
    As you mentioned would clubs think twice maybe as he did inherit the best team in the world?
    Chances of him bringing some of the Barca players to the premiership?
  6. obscure

obscure
    9,936 posts
    Since Aug 16, 2001
    Maybe some of the Youth players Tiago, Tello, Cuenca???
    Can't see Leo leaving Barca ever :thumbdown
  7. AmsLoco

AmsLoco
    4,914 posts
    Since Apr 27, 2006
    How is this pronounced in Spanish? Dutch commentator was saying Wanker all night when he had the ball
  8. obscure

obscure
    9,936 posts
    Since Aug 16, 2001
    COO-EN-KA

I know he was wasn't he I thought that was just me
    Issac Wanker brilliant :laughing:
  9. DjTiesticles Northern and proud

DjTiesticles
    8,772 posts
    Since Apr 3, 2006
    He'll be off to Stoke to revolutionise them
  10. DjTiesticles Northern and proud

DjTiesticles
    8,772 posts
    Since Apr 3, 2006
    [​IMG]

Guardiola in 2008 and Guardiola in 2012
  11. blaze dis one Registered Loser

blaze dis one
    3,564 posts
    Since Jul 6, 2002
    he looks like he's dying
  12. obscure

obscure
    9,936 posts
    Since Aug 16, 2001
    Some serious stress right there !!
    Poor guy needs a year off I think....
  13. DjTiesticles Northern and proud

DjTiesticles
    8,772 posts
    Since Apr 3, 2006
    :twothumbs:

If he's like that managing Barca imagine what he would be like in charge of someone like Blackburn
  14. RICKERBACK

RICKERBACK
    493 posts
    Since Dec 12, 2008
    Barca have already named the manager for next season. The assistant coach Tito Vilanova will take from the start of next season

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11833/7709429/Vilanova-handed-Barca-reins

Tito Vilanova has been named as Barcelona's new boss for next season following Pep Guardiola's departure from the club.

Guardiola announced on Friday that he would be standing down in the summer after four years in charge, but speculation about who might replace him was ended quickly as club president Sandro Rosell revealed that Vilanova would be handed the reins.

Vilanova, 42, came through Barcelona's youth ranks but after failing to break into the first team he continued his playing career with a number of lower league clubs before retiring in 2002.

He rejoined the Catalans as a youth coach in 2007, helping Barcelona's B side to promotion.

Vilanova was promoted to first-team duties, working alongside Guardiola, for the 2008-2009 season, by the end of which the team had won six major trophies including the UEFA Champions League.
    Sporting director Andoni Zubizarreta believes promoting from within, as they did with Guardiola, is the best way forward.

Best decision

He said: "We've always said that if the team needs players, we look at home first (Barca B). Who do we have here at home? Tito.

"We chose Tito because he represents the idea and the image. He has commitment and personality."

Vilanova named new Barca coach
    Guardiola endorsed the move, saying: "I think the club has taken the best decision possible.

"He is more than capable. The players know him. He will make few changes. He will give the club and these players something that I thought I could no longer give.

"I could have continued but is not what Barca would have deserved."

The move to name a replacement so swiftly was a surprise with reports in Spain linking the likes of Ernesto Valverde, Laurent Blanc and Marcelo Bielsa with the position once it became clear Guardiola was heading for the exit.
  15. AmsLoco

AmsLoco
    4,914 posts
    Since Apr 27, 2006
    Just like Wolves :teeth:
  16. Doom Boy Enormous

Doom Boy
    3,986 posts
    Since Jan 19, 2005

[​IMG]