Photography dogs...post some of yer stuff.

Dec 1, 2004

1. H3lix Nvision baby

H3lix
    9,375 posts
    Since Nov 10, 2002
    So on Sunday I went on a walk, mainly to get 1 or 2 pictures to use for the flash portfolio I'm designing and ended up getting a bunch so I thought I'd share the results with all of you and see what you guys think. I had to use my mom's sony cybershot 5mp so I did what I could with what I had available to me. Here's a few of the better ones at higher quality than in the gallery:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The first three were taken with the lens of the cam down between a sewer grate

[​IMG]
    Sand bunker around my neighborhood (rained last night) nothing's done to this pic to make it look how it does too which really surprised me.

[​IMG]
    One of the holes of the golf course as I was on my way walking back.

[​IMG]
    Taken in my backyard - I saw the sky through my basement window and ran upstairs to take advantage, turned out well.

I like how most of em turned out, even with no photography training and what little equpiment I had available at my disposal. Once I get a digicam for my birthday/christmas I plan to do a lot of work getting better w/the camera and all. Some of them (the ones where it's just a bunch of bushes and branches) were taken too late because the camera is slow as shit in-between shots.

Rest of them are available here in full photo gallery glory:
    http://www.lasalle.edu/~aherns1/phototrip/index.htm

Lemme know whatcha think and post some of your stuff up too - love to see what other dogs are doing with cams.
    -H3lix
  2. EXODUZ Back Once Again

EXODUZ
    10,516 posts
    Since Oct 18, 2004
    what camera do u use?
  3. Napalm

Napalm
    14,012 posts
    Since Aug 22, 2001
  4. subtle dnbhq.com

subtle
    2,531 posts
    Since Sep 29, 2001
  5. Fungalist

Fungalist
    791 posts
    Since Oct 21, 2001
    definately some nice shots in there mate. :twothumbs:

is it just me or is the woman in 'noir' really, really hairy??

this is where you say "oy thats my missus" *smack*
  6. subtle dnbhq.com

subtle
    2,531 posts
    Since Sep 29, 2001
    wahey, still rocking the dnbhq banner :slayer: :slayer: :slayer:

haha she is a little bit hairy, i think the shots make her look worse than she is cos theyre quite high contrast. shes hot really :love: but no, not my missus :upsidedow

thanks for taking a look :bgrin: :twothumbs:
  7. vino sense1nz

vino
    206 posts
    Since Oct 5, 2003
    havent done anything recently, these are from a few years ago i was about 17

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:smil:
  8. subtle dnbhq.com

subtle
    2,531 posts
    Since Sep 29, 2001
    vino i really like that first image :love: :biggrin:
  9. Tech Lloyd Banned by DOA

Tech Lloyd
    465 posts
    Since Nov 22, 2004
    :waits for maats ghetto pictures: :teeth: :twothumbs: they rock
  10. Fungalist

Fungalist
    791 posts
    Since Oct 21, 2001
    @subtle - yessir, i have nowt to promote so i thought id do the honours. for some reason i have kept all the old banners you gave me as well.:confused:

ill post up some of my photos when ive got a scanner to hand, our styles are actually fairly similar, mine have a kinda 60s noir paparrazi feel to them (and obviously the focus on the wimmin :teeth: )

edit - oh dear, horrible 'focus' pun unintentional.

edit2 - and dnbhq has been down for me for over a week i think:confused:
  11. Proto J <SYNAPTIC PLASTIC>

Proto J
    7,049 posts
    Since Jun 16, 2001
    man, i walked out on my front porch last night to go to the gym for a lil' late night session last night, i looked up, and the moon and clouds looked sooooooooooooooo sick man, and all i could think about is how bad i need to get a fuckin' camera...

i think i'm gonna ask for one for christmas...

i'll report back to this thread in a hot minute if i get one...
  12. subtle dnbhq.com

subtle
    2,531 posts
    Since Sep 29, 2001
    cool, glad to hear it :bgrin: id like to see your stuff.

yeh dnbhq is down cos im moving all my various sites to one host to make things alot easier for me... but its taking alot longer than planned, ive gota post some paperwork to Joker in switzerland so it looks like its gona be at least another week or two :blue:
  13. Jim Bergerac Krokodil Rok

Jim Bergerac
    10,681 posts
    Since Oct 15, 2004
    Lots of really good shots here

@ H3lix - like the 4th and 5th shots especially.

Can anybody tell me (or link me to a thread) as to how to post images from my HD, noob question I know but i can't work it out. Thanks.
  14. Fungalist

Fungalist
    791 posts
    Since Oct 21, 2001
    ahh fair enough mate. i dont know if you saw it or not but someone posted up a thread askin about it as well a while back.

i guess i should prolly reitire my leica and step into this digital photography ting so i dont have to bother with developing and scanners and so on. i just know very little about it. i think ill post up a thread at some point askin people what digital cameras are good n that.
  15. subtle dnbhq.com

subtle
    2,531 posts
    Since Sep 29, 2001
    jim,

when you reply to a thread, theres an option just above the 'submit reply' button to attach a file. hit 'browse to find it on your HD and youre away :cool:
  16. Jim Bergerac Krokodil Rok

Jim Bergerac
    10,681 posts
    Since Oct 15, 2004
    Nice one, thanks
  17. subtle dnbhq.com

subtle
    2,531 posts
    Since Sep 29, 2001
    yeh go digital, i love my digital slr :love:

and no i didnt see that thread, do u have a link? did a search but couldnt find it
  18. Fungalist

Fungalist
    791 posts
    Since Oct 21, 2001
    when i can be arsed to do port mapping to get MSN to work ill hit you up for some digital advice :teeth:

i've just had a go at a search but it is being as alzheimers as always. i thought it was called something clear like "dnbhq is down" but i cant find it now.

edit - found and bumped
  19. Jim Bergerac Krokodil Rok

Jim Bergerac
    10,681 posts
    Since Oct 15, 2004
    Here's a picture of an abandoned WW2 bunker near my house (if I can manage to post it pproperly)
  20. zigzag

zigzag
    687 posts
    Since Aug 17, 2003
    Here's a few very amateur shots I took last weekend around my area... Pics Here
  21. seckle nyc

seckle nyc
    7,919 posts
    Since Mar 26, 2003
    nyc, subway wall #46.
    [​IMG]

nyc, dying chinatown crabs #3.
    [​IMG]

france, paris opera at night.
    [​IMG]

nyc, st. marks place parking sign tagged #22.
    [​IMG]
  22. seckle nyc

seckle nyc
    7,919 posts
    Since Mar 26, 2003
    nyc, subway homeless #58
    [​IMG]

nyc, queens cemetary flower.
    [​IMG]

nyc , sunrise cecille's curtain.
    [​IMG]

nyc , taxi night flash series #2
    [​IMG]
  23. H3lix Nvision baby

H3lix
    9,375 posts
    Since Nov 10, 2002
    [​IMG]

is the hotness - I'd love a high res of that

and for the camera used....it was a sony cybershot, 5.0megapixel, don't know the model # off-hand though :blue: It was my mom's though as I'm probably getting either this 7.1 cannon or sony 717 :love:

And yea, Maat's industrial ones rock :slayer:

-Helix
  24. jon_blak

jon_blak
    2,956 posts
    Since Dec 12, 2001
    Nice work seckle, those crabs...:thumbup:
    [​IMG]
  25. Just Charlie ablist

Just Charlie
    10,911 posts
    Since Jan 16, 2002
  26. seckle nyc

seckle nyc
    7,919 posts
    Since Mar 26, 2003
    it's funny man. that tower looks exactly like a tower in las vegas. it's probably the same architect. nice collage jon.:twothumbs: :spliff:
  27. eventualdecline Smothered Hope

eventualdecline
    7,360 posts
    Since Sep 4, 2001
    Charlie, your links are fucked up but damn... some amazing colors in those photos.

Borrowed a digicam a couple weekends ago:
    [​IMG]
  28. jon_blak

jon_blak
    2,956 posts
    Since Dec 12, 2001
    That tower in vegas has got a ROLLERCOASTER on top of it hasn't it?:burn: :smashed: :puke:
  29. seckle nyc

seckle nyc
    7,919 posts
    Since Mar 26, 2003
  30. Maat Bindlestiff

Maat
    30,461 posts
    Since Jan 30, 2003
    :laughing: i see my reputation preceeds me. i dont have anything new to offer, so i feel like a dork posting the same material. i have 5-6 rolls of film ive shot recently that i need to scan and put online. i got some wicked shots at an apandoned marketplace in chicago.... its an old latino imports hub of some sort.

anyway, till then ill just give you guys the link to my deviantart page:

http://lisablue.deviantart.com/

be patient... it takes a bit for some of the shots to load in the gallery tonight... i guess the sites busy or something:laughing: