So I just tried to boil some eggs in the kettle

Apr 7, 2012

1. ocelot

ocelot
    33,900 posts
    Since Dec 27, 2005
    nothing annoys me more than people who say stuff like "are my sausages done yet", i don't fucking know, look at them, cut them in half, do they look edible? you want to put that in your mouth? well, yes, they're probably cooked then aren't they, ffs

is this carrot off? well, look at it, smell it, tell me if you'd eat it, ffs people

sorry for the rant, it right fucking irks me when people are incompetent with food. like people who will throw something away because it's past the best before date without even looking at it. loads of stuff keeps for donkeys years past the quoted date, I found some half finished bbq sauce in the cupboard at my parents house recently that "went off" 2 years ago but it was absolutely fine.

also people that hoover up pennies. there's a thread for this sort of stuff somewhere, isn't there :teeth:
  2. Stu Diablo ♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪

Stu Diablo
    7,423 posts
    Since Jul 3, 2009
    lol
  3. 2turntables ♫♪♫♩♬♭♫♪♫♩♬♭♫♪♫♩♬♭

2turntables
    14,913 posts
    Since Dec 6, 2005
    I was recently at a mate's house the morning after the night before and started looking for sauces for breakie, there were fuckloads over 5 years past it, but the jewel in the crown was some spicy chilli BBE 1999. nice.
  4. Brecht No longer in limbo

Brecht
    21,683 posts
    Since Mar 5, 2004
    When I was helping to move my stepdad out of his house in 1999 (or 2000?), we were clearing out his loft and found some beers he had from a holiday he'd taken with his biker club in the early 80s, 6 330ml tins of budweiser that were best before 1986.

Definitely still drank them. They were rank.
  5. rikardob Halcón.

rikardob
    17,297 posts
    Since Feb 28, 2005
    Let them sit for at least 15 minutes before running them under cold water.
  6. 2turntables ♫♪♫♩♬♭♫♪♫♩♬♭♫♪♫♩♬♭

2turntables
    14,913 posts
    Since Dec 6, 2005
    bud is rank at the best of times though
  7. SterlingStandard Official DOA Emberist #13

SterlingStandard
    900 posts
    Since Nov 12, 2006
    you're far too kind, it's way worse than that. any beer made with rice is gash, sorry pacific rim ppl
  8. overlook360 only human

overlook360
    3,783 posts
    Since Sep 5, 2008
    Aight, members of my family are on the trail of the egg video. I gotta delete them :(

Still got two or three people that should have an lol off it, so they're up until 9PM my time.

You fuckers are probably sleeping anyway so who gives a shit am I right
  9. vigilante San Diego-ite

vigilante
    2,436 posts
    Since Dec 3, 2003
    That is most certainly an eggcentric way of preparing them
  10. DJ_Redshift

DJ_Redshift
    914 posts
    Since Mar 10, 2012
    I know what it is. If you make them in a kettle you lose your steam pressure through the whistle thingy. You gotta fashion a plug or something for when you take them off the heat right after they boil. :domo: