Tottenham riots

Aug 6, 2011

1. and roland and what

and roland
    3,268 posts
    Since Jan 9, 2007
    I spent 5 seconds looking on the main page and couldn't see a thread about this. Anyone around there? How bad are things?
  2. illatron

illatron
    2,697 posts
    Since Nov 27, 2004
    You gotta love people.
  3. and roland and what

and roland
    3,268 posts
    Since Jan 9, 2007
    Tottenham slums, lol.
  4. MrWoggles Guest

MrWoggles
    2,789 posts
    Since Jun 21, 2009
  5. Brecht No longer in limbo

Brecht
    21,683 posts
    Since Mar 5, 2004
    Yo Circle One - you alright mate? What's actually going down?
  6. Ben Kei

Ben Kei
    8,445 posts
    Since Apr 9, 2002
    I'm far enough away from it all in Dalston but it's been straight sirens all night here.

I'd say from the amount of emergency vehicle activity even a couple of miles away it's kicking off pretty large right now.
  7. MrWoggles Guest

MrWoggles
    2,789 posts
    Since Jun 21, 2009
    I wonder if bboy is there..
  8. blaze dis one Registered Loser

blaze dis one
    3,564 posts
    Since Jul 6, 2002
    on bbc news just now they were all smashing the shit out of a police car live while they filmed it... then they all just turned on the tv crew...
  9. bumbalicious long

bumbalicious
    2,759 posts
    Since Apr 8, 2005
    I live right behind the high road and just got in, shit looks like Bagdad. Everything on fire and riot police blocking on every road. They are bunch on cunts tbh. The police shot someone who shot at them and these peeps wanna protest. Fucking idiots. I just saw someone pass my house with a plasma screen in a trolley. Smoke is investing my house. Setting fire and looting local shops. Yeah good cause man, good fucking cause
  10. Shaolin Shadow Boxer

Shaolin
    1,631 posts
    Since Jun 23, 2001
    I suppose it's to be expected when you have a shit football team. All that pent up anger and frustration at never having won the premiership title. :finger:
  11. and roland and what

and roland
    3,268 posts
    Since Jan 9, 2007
    Surveying the damage via Skynews live now. Looks a mess alright.

lol at footage of the black chap with the trolley. :laughing:
  12. DJGT

DJGT
    4,035 posts
    Since Jun 16, 2002
    So these idiots marched on a police station to demand answers about an ongoing police investigation. nice to see a community supporting gun crime!
    do these people honestly believe shit like this is going to improve relationships between police and communities. FUCKING MORONS, well done, now you'll get another 25 years of police hostility.
  13. and roland and what

and roland
    3,268 posts
    Since Jan 9, 2007
    JD Sports and Comet have been raided for trainers and plasma screens this morning, half a mile away from the riots. :laughing:
  14. KG

KG
    32,107 posts
    Since Jul 24, 2002
    One of the original protesters:
    What did he have the gun for then? Stupidity, I strongly suspect most of the rioters just wanted to have a go at plod, smash some shit up and get involved in a bit of casual looting.
  15. DJGT

DJGT
    4,035 posts
    Since Jun 16, 2002
    this. initial protest should not have been allowed (apart from the fact it was utterly ridiculous) as it was certain to attract others with different motives.
  16. eugene1277

eugene1277
    860 posts
    Since Jul 26, 2005
    What a load of shit really.... If its true that the guy opened fire on the police first and they defended themselves by returning fire then wtf are these people complaining about...

Its one less prick walking around the streets with a gun and attitude imo... Obviously a slightly different story if this was not the case..

But do people really think that by rioting, burning buildings and looting is gonna solve things, i mean wake the fuck up you stupid pricks, they are destroying the community they live in, fucking up relations with the police even more...

LOL at the bird who said "he was a nice lad, didnt wanna hurt anyone" Isnt that the standard answer for things like this... Why dont they just be honest and say, "Yeah he carried a gun, probably had a couple of homemade shanks on him too, he loved a honk on his crack pipe, was pissed off with everything and everyone and was on a mission of destruction and violence"... But never happens..
  17. WittyUsername unregistered user

WittyUsername
    797 posts
    Since Sep 19, 2010
    They always use the 'he was a good lad' one. I'm sure Fritzl's parents would've said the same thing. Problem is that this country is in the shitter and people have no respect for anything. We need punishments to be more than community orders and slaps on the arse.
  18. dj scape kuya

dj scape
    1,782 posts
    Since May 27, 2006
    fucking savages. humans :thumbdown
  19. KG

KG
    32,107 posts
    Since Jul 24, 2002
    Well it's always advisable to wait until the full enquiry before stating things like this but from the initial reports it certainly looks like this is pretty close to what happened: 2 firearms were fired, one police officer was wounded when a bullet lodged in his radio and a non-police issue firearm was taken from the scene. What we certainly do know is that he was armed, so not really a loss there.

As someone said above the people protesting are just showing support for gun crime at the very least:thumbdown

What are the odds of shit popping off at the Hackney carnival today after last night, things could get pretty messy.........
  20. eugene1277

eugene1277
    860 posts
    Since Jul 26, 2005
    Could not agree more... Think this country needs to show that shit like this aint going to be tolerated, there should be severe punishments for twats who get caught with guns and knives, almost a zero tolerance stance on it.. I mean lets face prob 90+% of the population would not have a problem with harsher punishments as we dont carry weapons and it would not affect us....

Yet again its the small minority of people that let our country down...

I must say that at times i can be quite anti police, not liking how they go about things, the time they waste on small and petty things just throwing their power around, but i gotta say im right behind them on this...
  21. gullyuk cretin

gullyuk
    3,806 posts
    Since Oct 11, 2006
    shit yeah, loads of fucking sirens last night :smashed:
  22. luthatron \o/ Lord Wavey \o/

luthatron
    42,245 posts
    Since Feb 3, 2004
    i doubt this is the cops being bound by redtape or any sort of softly softly approach, more likely they were hugely outnumbered and couldn't really do much to stop it without risking their own lives.

if enough people kick off the cops can't do much, unlike the student protests (which were mainly peaceful) this wasn't planned, so they can't kettle and keep people suppressed.
  23. gullyuk cretin

gullyuk
    3,806 posts
    Since Oct 11, 2006
    just heard that my mate who is a freelance photographer just got the shit kicked out of him and had all his camera gear stolen... fucking cunts.
  24. Diamond Eyes

Diamond Eyes
    1,152 posts
    Since Sep 5, 2007
    How many mandems were out trying to flog their mixtape last night I wonder :teeth:
  25. luthatron \o/ Lord Wavey \o/

luthatron
    42,245 posts
    Since Feb 3, 2004
    breaking into dixons and leaving their cds in the hifis.
  26. dj_soultec

dj_soultec
    4,191 posts
    Since Feb 6, 2007
    Well this pretty much sums up the massive level of Braindead morons in this country.
  27. eugene1277

eugene1277
    860 posts
    Since Jul 26, 2005
    Yeah from what footage i saw on the news they were definitely out numbered.. Looked pretty crazy..

I think that harsher punishments need to be put in place to try and deter people from getting involved with guns and carrying knives... Obviously that's easier said than done, especially in inner city areas where these kinds of things have played a part in peoples lives for a number of years already.
  28. Bboy Corrosive

Bboy Corrosive
    14,487 posts
    Since Feb 7, 2007
    So did my mum, who called me about it this morning, she said it happened after a protest, gonna be interesting to see how they're selling this to the tabloid reading imbeciles.

Funny how the TSG love a ruck when it's against students who wont hit back, they seem a bit upset that they're losing, they never make such a fuss normally, boohoo, cunts.

Anyway, hopefully all the actions of the mandems will be treated separately from normal protests, or the harpies in the media will start screaming for crackdowns, crackdowns, and more crackdowns.
  29. KG

KG
    32,107 posts
    Since Jul 24, 2002
    I would imagine every scumbag in N17 and the surrounding area is out on the rob right now, best to stay inside I would imagine.
  30. luthatron \o/ Lord Wavey \o/

luthatron
    42,245 posts
    Since Feb 3, 2004
    lol at taking glee in loads of looting, burning and violence, as long as some cops are hurt.

poor show.