Since Feb 3, 2004
  3. Kravening

Kravening
    799 posts
    Since Oct 22, 2009
    il check that out thanks ^^

btw i have a budget off about 750eu

so it doesn't necceserily have to be free

im also looking for multiple compressors some that are good for vocal's or drum's full mix etc

t.i.a
  4. luthatron \o/ Lord Wavey \o/

luthatron
    42,229 posts
    Since Feb 3, 2004
  5. Kravening

Kravening
    799 posts
    Since Oct 22, 2009
    that certainly looks interesting im gonna check some vid's

thanks ^^
  6. joemaki

joemaki
    1,234 posts
    Since May 15, 2010
    http://www.voxengo.com/
    all amazing plus you cant really go wrong with the dmg audio compassion
    also cyntomic the glue
  7. Kravening

Kravening
    799 posts
    Since Oct 22, 2009
  8. mr meh

mr meh
    565 posts
    Since Jan 10, 2011
    750 euro's on a compression plug in??? :smashed:
  9. Kravening

Kravening
    799 posts
    Since Oct 22, 2009
    im not meaning just 1 plugin

multiple one's with each their strength in sound
  10. el-duderino

el-duderino
    375 posts
    Since Jun 21, 2010
    i'd suggest trying out nebula3 got many classic compressors and much more, i have the free version (which is nuts too)
    and i think it's kinda hard to get into if you don't know the real units that are emulated, but it's one of the best mixing-VST out there i'd say, if you know how to use it
  11. Kravening

Kravening
    799 posts
    Since Oct 22, 2009
    yeah i tryed it but i tottaly disliked the interface but that wass a long time ago i guess il check the demo/free again
  12. joemaki

joemaki
    1,234 posts
    Since May 15, 2010
    heres the website for dmg audio
    http://dmgaudio.com/products_compassion.php but yea i fucking love compassion its not just a compressor but transient shaper maximiser paraell compressor gate and exiter all in one and dosent slouch on any of the features plus the wave viewer is so handy so you can get everything sound and looking really nice
  13. Kravening

Kravening
    799 posts
    Since Oct 22, 2009
  14. futilerecordings Misanthropic Anthropoid

futilerecordings
    1,996 posts
    Since May 11, 2008
    I've yet to find a soft compressor that rivals the Softube TubeTech CL1B. I absolutely LOVE that thing!!! It sounds good on nearly everything, uses very little CPU, and it's a joy to work with. It's a bit expensive, but well worth it IMO. Softube is definitely in the top tier of plug-in developers. Their guitar amp modeler "Vintage Amp Room" is the only guitar amp plug-in that has a usable clean tone IMO. Really, it ALMOST sounds like an actual amp. But I digress...

The Stillwell Rocket is great as well. It's attack time (according to Stillwell's website) is faster than a single sample at 44.1 kHz, which is insane.... perhaps faster than an 1176? Stillwell's stuff is great and they offer a non-crippled, non-expiring demo on all their products. They have some really nice stuff.

FabFilter Pro-C is really versatile, provides great visual feedback, and it's affordable.

The Elysia Mpressor is just bad-ass.

Oh yeah, the Waves API 2500 is pretty cool too.
  15. kajiotaku BXBL

kajiotaku
    810 posts
    Since Dec 22, 2008
  16. Kravening

Kravening
    799 posts
    Since Oct 22, 2009
    guess i got alot to check out thanks :slayer:
  17. Kravening

Kravening
    799 posts
    Since Oct 22, 2009
  18. Cee-Jay

Cee-Jay
    2,993 posts
    Since Feb 23, 2003
    I loved the waves hybrid but the tossers won't do a 64 bit version.
    Sonnox Oxford dynamics is very crisp sounding, not sure I like it.
    I've found myself using those inside Guitar rig recently more out of convenience, certainly an option. :smile:
  19. thundervip

thundervip
    129 posts
    Since Feb 7, 2010
    Kush audio UBK1
  20. Haskins

Haskins
    58 posts
    Since Feb 27, 2012
    For clean sounding compression I prefer to use the FabFilter Pro-C, great versatility and a really nice knee for use on vocals.
    The Vertigo Sound VSC-1 is a really cool bus type compressor with lots of features, also the Elysia plug seems like a great tool, from what i have seen/heard at a friends'.
    The aforementioned Softube Compressor is great, really cool tube style compressor, their FET-Compressor is prolly the most serious 1176 Style plug I have used so far, really cool sound and not just a pure emulation but some cool additional features over the original. The guys from PSP offer some cool compressors, I really dig the oldtimer if I need a program compressor with some nice character.
    Last but not least, check out the URS plugins if you can, they got some really cool compressor and the Strip Pro is one heck of a beast, it offers emulations of prolly anything you'd wish for (LA-2, 1176, Tape Compression, Various Tube Compressors, etc.) but it comes at quite a hefty price point of 450$ (I believe), but you get EQ and Saturation stages in that plug as well.
    Also, people might suggest the Waves Plugins, but IMHO they offer not really THAT much for their quite extreme price point.