Who here has a thing about spiders?

Mar 7, 2012

1. Wozowski Modernator

Wozowski
    20,031 posts
    Since Aug 18, 2004
    I grew up with them, and even got bitten by a red back as a kid which lead to my first psychedelic experience. But if you do have an issue with them then I suggest you give Wagga Wagga a wide birth until the flood waters go down. :eek:

Actually give Wagga Wagga a wide birth anyway. :teeth:
  2. Bison

Bison
    11,741 posts
    Since Nov 2, 2004
    i lose my shit at the thought of them. under a magnifying glass they look horrific don't you know.
  3. Transient Energy Replicant

Transient Energy
    4,459 posts
    Since May 8, 2004
  4. Benjamin Dover All U Need Is Berryz

Benjamin Dover
    587 posts
    Since Jan 26, 2012
    i have no problem with them (they eat other insects innit) but i don't wanna get murked by a venomous one (we get some hench ones at my work with all the marshland and stuff)
  5. Wozowski Modernator

Wozowski
    20,031 posts
    Since Aug 18, 2004
    So if you woke up and your backyard looked like this? :smashed:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. falsename

falsename
    5,148 posts
    Since Oct 16, 2010
    hang on a minute, what is that? Snow or spider webs?

I'm starting to feel really uneasy if that is webs.
  7. Bunglist Registered Abuser

Bunglist
    6,690 posts
    Since Sep 5, 2004
    It is spider webs i'm afraid. Here in Australia, it's been a warm summer with a LOT of rain, making perfect spider breeding conditions. Those photos are from Wagga, where the spiders are now clearly in control.
  8. Bunglist Registered Abuser

Bunglist
    6,690 posts
    Since Sep 5, 2004
    :laughing: but true
  9. Junglepuss Unregistered User

Junglepuss
    734 posts
    Since Sep 28, 2001
  10. Re Turn

Re Turn
    312 posts
    Since Dec 27, 2010
    I fucking hate them, and its got worse over the years.
    moved to the wrong country lol

Touch wood ive only had one or two tragic huntsman issues in my house, but melbourne isnt as bad as your end or further upwards my side.
  11. falsename

falsename
    5,148 posts
    Since Oct 16, 2010
    well fuck that! no no no no no no
  12. Wozowski Modernator

Wozowski
    20,031 posts
    Since Aug 18, 2004
    Sorry didn't make the link all that clear in my original post (you had to click on Wagga Wagga).

Story here.
  13. falsename

falsename
    5,148 posts
    Since Oct 16, 2010
    It's quite beautiful really isn't it, but I'm still glad I live in Wales and no where near wagga-wagga, although what a lol name for a place.
  14. Wozowski Modernator

Wozowski
    20,031 posts
    Since Aug 18, 2004
    It's aboriginal for the sound Rolf Harris' wobble board makes. :teeth:
  15. falsename

falsename
    5,148 posts
    Since Oct 16, 2010
    I imagine the people who live in wagga-wagga, wag their hips a lot whilst singing, wagga wagga, do the wagga wagga dance. I guess not though, now that the spiders have invaded and clearly taken over.
  16. Wozowski Modernator

Wozowski
    20,031 posts
    Since Aug 18, 2004
    I think they just run for their lives.
  17. falsename

falsename
    5,148 posts
    Since Oct 16, 2010
    whilst doing the wagga-wagga dance.
  18. paigalushus thought criminal

paigalushus
    6,439 posts
    Since Jul 28, 2005
    I used to fear them still I studied them. Now, I know that they'd like to eat me but they can't. We also have an arrangement, I allow them to hang out in my web if I don't see them. Except the male jumping spiders...they are always dancing at my house, and I can't kill or kick out a fellow dancer

feel terrible for the flood but the webs look beautiful
  19. Contayjen

Contayjen
    5,814 posts
    Since Sep 21, 2006
  20. courier RinsingAgentRA

courier
    34,606 posts
    Since Aug 1, 2003
  21. Serotone Official DOA Emberist #12

Serotone
    1,605 posts
    Since Aug 26, 2010
    Can I have some of what you're smoking?
  22. paigalushus thought criminal

paigalushus
    6,439 posts
    Since Jul 28, 2005
  23. Circle One

Circle One
    10,015 posts
    Since Nov 15, 2002
    Yep Bug Takeover in full effect - India Last Year...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  24. paigalushus thought criminal

paigalushus
    6,439 posts
    Since Jul 28, 2005
    those spiders? looks like cocoons to me. they used to take over the trees in our backyard so we'd burn them.
  25. Brecht No longer in limbo

Brecht
    21,683 posts
    Since Mar 5, 2004
    Not in the least bit scared of non-venomous spiders, why would anyone be?

However, if I was wandering about in the Aussie bush or the Amazon and I saw a spider I didn't recognise, I would most definitely give it a wide berth.

Stupid to be scared of spiders somewhere like the UK, stupid not to be weary of spiders you don't recognise when in a location that has dangerous spiders.
  26. Displaced

Displaced
    16,411 posts
    Since Jul 18, 2006
    hahaha, had to remove one last night from our living room :teeth:
    Told the missus to film it incase something funny happens, and as she walked closer to it to film it while talking to the camera "Look at the size of this spid..." i grabbed and and yelled and she almost shat her pants! :laughing::laughing:
  27. Contayjen

Contayjen
    5,814 posts
    Since Sep 21, 2006
    :laughing: I always do shit like that. I catch it then saying 'Its jumping, its trying to escape!' while running over to the person with my hands out in front.
  28. KellyAnn

KellyAnn
    11,586 posts
    Since Jun 1, 2002
    i like spiders. i only kill them if i know they're poisonous and in my house, and that's only happened once or twice. i will never randomly kill a spider thanks to a sleepless night when i was a kid:

we were all getting ready to go to bed and lo! a spider in the kitchen. tbf it looked huge. my dad ran in and thumped it with his slipper. upon doing so the hundreds of babies this mother fucker was carrying on its back scattered. fffuuuck. me, my mom, my dad, hopping around the kitchen screaming like girls. after the massacre and subsequent cleanup, i tried to sleep, but oh the turmoil.

those pics in wagga wagga are pretty, something fairy tale about it. tugs at my heart a little knowing they're all ballooning together for survival. and they're harmless so don't freak out :happysad:
  29. garethjonesdj

garethjonesdj
    2,898 posts
    Since May 19, 2003
    hate spiders as well, always get me cat to kill them here in the uk but check out this one I took a photo of on a recent holiday in South America (Argentina), was fucking massive :thumbdown

[​IMG]
  30. Dave Roberts Amen Bizness Seen'

Dave Roberts
    5,168 posts
    Since Jan 27, 2008
    Sick photo, horrible spider!

Can't stand them, I don't mind tiny tiny ones. But as Bison said, under a microscope they're fucking gross. Give me a snake anyday :thumbup: