Who in the fuck are 'DEF' mp3 release group???

Nov 20, 2006

1. sz0n1ck Soma/Zebra/R&D/Eclipse

sz0n1ck
    1,492 posts
    Since Dec 14, 2001
    had this called to my attention recently:

Morphesis-Iron_Mask_and_The_Script-(FSRDIGI002)-WEB-2006-DEF
    Schizomimetix-Tripwire-FSRDIGI001-WEB-2006-DEF

Thanks you fucking gimps. What kind of leet "cracking" skillz does it take to join this "group". The ability to "crack" into your parents wallet and steal their credit cards so you can get the latest leet warez off beatport!?!? Or just plain "crack" smoking??

Fucking gimps.

I should post a complete discography from these wannabe SOUR dickweeds...plenty of producers here would be REALLY impressed.
  2. theory .

theory
    10,092 posts
    Since Jan 14, 2002
    :thumbup:
  3. Ichigo

Ichigo
    1,430 posts
    Since Dec 30, 2005
    :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:
    Piracy is killing the scene? NO WAY
  4. sz0n1ck Soma/Zebra/R&D/Eclipse

sz0n1ck
    1,492 posts
    Since Dec 14, 2001
    well I have mixed feelings about the outcome of posting a full list..

On one hand it will inform many artists on here [many who i know personally] that their sales are being drained by these leeches.

On the other hand we will have a complete list for the "ZOMG MUST DOWNLOAD ASAP" crew which I'm sure already lurks in this very thread, waiting for more info.
  5. asymetric

asymetric
    51 posts
    Since Nov 15, 2006
    i've seen a few releases by them, quite a few different groups rippin vinyl to be fair none of them very quick. i often get hold of promos and have them on my hard drive b4 the scene rippers have got em out. quality of my own rips beats theirs every time as well, they can keep their shit processed mp3's as far as i'm concerned:finger:
  6. niddle

niddle
    13,734 posts
    Since Oct 30, 2005
    :rolleyes2
  7. hipnotic

hipnotic
    42,718 posts
    Since Dec 12, 2002
    i wouldnt worry about that

i am confident in saying everything released is out there and downloadable if you can be bothered to hunt it down, list or no list
  8. sz0n1ck Soma/Zebra/R&D/Eclipse

sz0n1ck
    1,492 posts
    Since Dec 14, 2001
    ok well ... here goes..big 'shouts' to Autumn, Pyro, Fracture & Neptune, Shadybrain Recs, ICR, Black Sun Empire, Arquer & Realtime, Submerged .. and anyone else trying to eek out a few legit sales.

~~list removed ~~~
    :death: :death: :death: :death:
  9. ponky medium to large sized bag

ponky
    4,168 posts
    Since Aug 5, 2004
    Theres always been piracy... its just supply and demand.

Re killing the scene - blame the people who claim to love the music but choose not to put any money into it.
  10. ChavXL Drinking the banner ads

ChavXL
    30,586 posts
    Since Feb 6, 2005
    now im not an epxert on this sort of thing but im pretty sure posting the list of the filenames is bad, just pm or email or ring the producers
  11. modemade error-driven

modemade
    2,784 posts
    Since Jan 29, 2003
    Where did you get that list?
  12. sz0n1ck Soma/Zebra/R&D/Eclipse

sz0n1ck
    1,492 posts
    Since Dec 14, 2001
    it was sent to me by a concerned party...please remove the complete text. thanks
  13. ChavXL Drinking the banner ads

ChavXL
    30,586 posts
    Since Feb 6, 2005
    nah mate, jog on.

i was just offering advice no need to say "mod differing opinion"

post what you want
  14. sz0n1ck Soma/Zebra/R&D/Eclipse

sz0n1ck
    1,492 posts
    Since Dec 14, 2001
    nah you basically just confirmed my initial misgivings about it.. and yes to the zzz and rolleyes crew, i probably shouldn't have even mentioned it.

Had a bit of a mumblz moment, sry.
  15. modemade error-driven

modemade
    2,784 posts
    Since Jan 29, 2003
    Where did the "concerned" party get it then? :eek:

I'm asking because, Let the one who doesn't download 1 file cast the first stone etc etc

full list removed.
  16. ChavXL Drinking the banner ads

ChavXL
    30,586 posts
    Since Feb 6, 2005
    these groups started years back, there was/is SOUR and loads of others, especially russian ones. most dont do it for money, but in a lot of places like russia theres loads of bootleg mp3 cds about. john b said someone came up with a greatest hits cd of his to sign (he signed it still tho)
  17. sz0n1ck Soma/Zebra/R&D/Eclipse

sz0n1ck
    1,492 posts
    Since Dec 14, 2001
    We know the site its from. The 'concerned party' was one of the producers whose material was ripped. Theres no way I'm giving [any more] free publicity to the actual link this shit is from...

and thanks for being considerate & removing the list, bad idea in the 1st place.

EDIT: @chav- Yes, you are right, hit the nail on the russian/estonian head there :upsidedow
  18. c-netik sceaþian

c-netik
    11,997 posts
    Since Apr 13, 2004
    the list is available on an nfo search engine site that has all the releases put out by the "groups"...
    i don't know if it's widely known so i will not post the link, but most people that are aware and/or against dnb filesharing know what site that is. basically once a dnb release gets "out", it gets listed there.
  19. Contayjen

Contayjen
    5,814 posts
    Since Sep 21, 2006
    :laughing: Fair play to him.
  20. asymetric

asymetric
    51 posts
    Since Nov 15, 2006
    PIRATE radio has been a major factor in many an artist gettin to the top, spose thats an ok type of piracy. artists dont seem to mind givin their work away 4 free wen they're an unknown. i wud argue scene releases r infact likely to have increased vinyl sales i know i couldn't poss prove it but i know this...
    i have IN THE PAST d'loaded mp3's for free

i first heard tunes by most artists/labels i always look out 4 afta d'loadin rips of their vinyls 4 free

4 a long period of time i used iligal scene rips as a way of sampling new releases b4 buying them on vinyl

i'll probs get slated 4 my opinion but i care not b'cos i no longer d'load scene rips and i've always paid 4 wot i like
  21. sz0n1ck Soma/Zebra/R&D/Eclipse

sz0n1ck
    1,492 posts
    Since Dec 14, 2001
    Most of the releases on the list were from digital labels, normally dated only a few days after the initial launch.

For example the Arqer & Realtime LP... a full digital LP [with PLENTY of ways to legally preview the tunes online] .. Ripped only a few days after their release..I'd be willing to bet that had to hurt sales.
  22. modemade error-driven

modemade
    2,784 posts
    Since Jan 29, 2003
    The difference between an illegal downloaded mp3 and a legally bought one is only your conciousness. Digital sales probably hurts alot from downloading compared to vinyl sales..
  23. mumblz dj b00bz

mumblz dj
    5,316 posts
    Since Jul 2, 2002
    hey hahahh :teeth:
    now u can understand where i was at that day :twothumbs:
    suxxx
  24. clone bad penny

clone
    9,835 posts
    Since Apr 26, 2002
    I still doubt this, in fact the opposite.

Most "bad guys" (we can call them that for purpose of this discussion topic ) have absolutely no intention on paying for any music , and will not do so either way. they will just go download something else on the sly,which is readily available to them. has a sale really been lost here, on someone with no intention to pay for said release?

however, some of the "bad guys" will still go buy a vinyl copy after downloading and truly enjoying a track, as some people still prefer that medium only. which actually has more potential for a lost sale? the odds sorta suggest the vinyl release in my opinion. the artwork, the nice heavy wax are a tangible product; which to some, are still worth paying good money for.

yes, i probably only see it this way mostly because i don't own cdjs, final scratch or ableton. mp3 downloads being useless...i stick to dj sets posted here,and live recordings off dime :smile:
  25. pandadnb

pandadnb
    174 posts
    Since Jul 26, 2005
    no offense, but you present this like it's some kind of news.

we all know music is shared on the internet. most of the artists mentioned know that as well.

what can they/you do about it? nothing. see it as promotion and laugh. cuz if you made it to the p2p networks, you must be doing something right.
  26. pandadnb

pandadnb
    174 posts
    Since Jul 26, 2005
    also, fact is that most of d&b is not available in any other format than vinyl. obvious why it's shared on the internet then right?
  27. clone bad penny

clone
    9,835 posts
    Since Apr 26, 2002

this is becoming increasingly less true by the day. in terms of the biggest releases, well of course you are right. there is a profit in the vinyl distro for these, but meanwhile the small dogs are getting fucked both directions. cannot afford to full release on vinyl, so they go the online sale of mp3s route. and get fucked again.
  28. asymetric

asymetric
    51 posts
    Since Nov 15, 2006
    if that was the case 4 me i'd go straight to the sites creating a community out of the file sharers and give my tune straight to em, let em get on with it and hope people enjoy it. if that creates demand supply will follow
  29. jim tea

jim tea
    2,288 posts
    Since Feb 20, 2003
    is itunes the solution to this? more established distribution system, less pirate-able digital format, etc . . .
  30. double J i need an adult

double J
    41,181 posts
    Since Nov 5, 2001
    hey at least a decent ripping group pirated it

my cd was pirated by a group called BUTT :ana:

AND i can't find it anywhere lol