Another Hip Hop / Halftime beat (Critique?)

Production | Mar 18, 2017

1. X I S T FIZIKA

X I S T

X I S T FIZIKA

153 posts
    Since Jun 21, 2016
    Made another track that originally started as a dnb track that i ended up slowing down and playing with, Originally started with just the american beauty soundtrack sample

Hope you like it :)
  2. X I S T likes this.

Soul Beat Runna

Soul Beat Runna

Soul Beat Runna

647 posts
    Since Oct 11, 2015
    Listened to this earlier. Everything sounds good and proper but the arrangement needs more work, it's a bit repetitive. Maybe play around with the bass some more, make sure the American Beauty sample isn't playing as much as it does and add some sound fx to break it up.
    X I S T likes this.
  3. X I S T FIZIKA

X I S T

X I S T FIZIKA

153 posts
    Since Jun 21, 2016

Thanks for checking it out bro :)

Yeah i agree its a bit repetitive, what do you think i should do in regards to the arrangement? Its early days with this track yet, so I've still got about half of the track to fill out a bit still. Theres a synth at the end of the track that I'd like to put into the middle and intro a bit more, Will have to work on it more tomorrow as i have work tonight :'(

I didn't wanna go overboard on the bass patterns and synths so i tried to keep them as simple as possible as i feel bringing in dnb type sounds in a hip hop setting you kinda need to pull back the craziness to make it work.
  4. X I S T likes this.

Soul Beat Runna

Soul Beat Runna

Soul Beat Runna

647 posts
    Since Oct 11, 2015
    You could cut out the midrange bass for 16 bars at a couple of points. Some kind of rap or rnb vocal samples could work. With regards to the drums, add some rides and crashes maybe?
    X I S T likes this.
  5. X I S T FIZIKA

X I S T

X I S T FIZIKA

153 posts
    Since Jun 21, 2016
    I haven't tried out a vocal I've been mostly tweaking and arranging sounds i've added a little bit, taken bits away, what do you think?

added a featuring as my mate came round and did some nice background noises and added a few good bits :)

6. X I S T likes this.

Soul Beat Runna

Soul Beat Runna

Soul Beat Runna

647 posts
    Since Oct 11, 2015
  7. X I S T likes this.

BillyTheClit FUCK OFF!

BillyTheClit

BillyTheClit FUCK OFF!

4,478 posts
    Since Nov 29, 2006
    I don't like the kick at all... the only thing in there that bothers me.
    And you need something odd to grab the attention because it all sounds really "safe" now.
    X I S T likes this.
  8. X I S T FIZIKA

X I S T

X I S T FIZIKA

153 posts
    Since Jun 21, 2016

Thanks guys, and yeah i agree the kick needs a bit of work, I've got 3 kicks going on, I think i need to get rid of the high end beater part of the kick as it slaps a bit hard. Think maybe i'd benefit from a soft electronica kick in its place now that you mention it :)
  9. X I S T likes this.

Soul Beat Runna

Soul Beat Runna

Soul Beat Runna

647 posts
    Since Oct 11, 2015
    Gotta agree with this.
    X I S T likes this.
  10. X I S T FIZIKA

X I S T

X I S T FIZIKA

153 posts
    Since Jun 21, 2016
    Trying to think up some 'odd' idea's now haha, not sure weather to go with another synth or some fx'd percussion sections... Hmm....
Production