?

Who will be the president?

1. Donald

29.2%
  2. Hillary

25.5%
  3. American cheese

45.3%
  1. IntiInti, elusion, Straylight and 3 others like this.

reTRenD ^_^

reTRenD

reTRenD ^_^

29,158 posts
    Since Jan 23, 2002
  2. zakalwe and reTRenD like this.

Straylight

Straylight

Straylight

5,307 posts
    Since Jun 22, 2003
    [​IMG]
    zakalwe and reTRenD like this.
  3. hadees

hadees

hadees

7,494 posts
    Since Nov 22, 2002
    :ana:
  4. paigalushus likes this.

Diatonic Part-time Junglist

Diatonic

Diatonic Part-time Junglist

1,400 posts
    Since Apr 4, 2013
    I'd be inclined to think the same, but his track record shows otherwise - "In 1987, Carson successfully separated conjoined twins, the Binder twins, who had been joined at the back of the head (craniopagus twins). The 70-member surgical team, led by Carson, worked for 22 hours. Both twins survived."

Impressive. It's amazing how dogma can affect that the ability of people who are obviously naturally intelligent to believe some pretty irrational stuff.

He should probably stick to surgery rather than politics, though.
    paigalushus likes this.
  5. reTRenD likes this.

antenna /

antenna

antenna /

3,551 posts
    Since May 28, 2014
    bump 4 trump
    reTRenD likes this.
  6. DJCriticalMass "When I'm in the coup, I feel like a cocoon."

DJCriticalMass

DJCriticalMass "When I'm in the coup, I feel like a cocoon."

6,015 posts
    Since Jul 16, 2002
    "You're fired."

http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-live-twitter-session-374822

Trump, Falling in Polls, Holds Brief Live Q&A on Twitter
    By Jack Martinez 9/21/15 at 3:34 PM
    [​IMG]
    Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump speaks in Iowa on September 19. Trump held a live Twitter Q&A session Monday afternoon. Brian C. Frank/REUTERS
    • Filed Under: U.S., Donald Trump, Twitter
      The Donald Trump phenomenon is showing signs of obsolescence since the second Republican debate. Trump got ahead in the polls in no small part by dominating the Internet’s nanosecond news cycle, and in this spirit he announced a live Twitter Q&A Monday morning, under the hashtag “AskTrump.”

It was hard to tell whether the event went according to plan. For about 30 minutes, Trump posted a series of 20-second videos showing himself in Twitter’s New York City office, answering questions that were mostly about his political priorities.

“I will totally protect Israel,” the mogul told the first respondent. “Believe me, Israel will be very, very secure.”

Try Newsweek for only $1.25 per week

Using his signature hyperbole, he repeated the word tremendous several times in describing America’s problems, while delivering promises to reduce student debt, eliminate homelessness through job creation and secure the border. As has been his strategy, Trump focused on connecting emotionally and repeating his message, rather than offering suggestions about how he would accomplish his agenda. He did direct one participant to a policy outline on Second Amendment rights, recently posted.

He also said that he would give up his presidential salary if elected. Trump has primarily funded his campaign using his fortune, and he claims to only take small donations.

#AskTrump was trending on Twitter in the aftermath of the session. A large number of questions posted to the site were framed negatively, accusing Trump of everything from racism to sexism to idiocy.

Other questions were clearly meant to troll the candidate.

After the session was cut short, Trump's Twitter account posted a photo of the candidate listlessly surveying the tweets about him. To continue his rampage through the election cycle, he may do well to provoke another controversy.

--------------
    [​IMG]
  7. Genrikh Iagoda Wearing a mask, but with no programme

Genrikh Iagoda

Genrikh Iagoda Wearing a mask, but with no programme

28 posts
    Since Mar 24, 2015
    But there has never been a study saying Paxil is good for teenagers. They lied about that. If they could come up with som empirical evidence to back their position that's it's good then they wouldn't have had to lie.
  8. antenna /

antenna

antenna /

3,551 posts
    Since May 28, 2014
    it is so much more complicated than that...
  9. vortex2177 likes this.

Brecht Inaugural DOA Poker Tournament Champ

Brecht

29,343 posts
    Since Mar 5, 2004
    Yeah he's a world class surgeon, there is no denying that.

Bizarre that he doesn't try to faith heal though.
    vortex2177 likes this.
  10. cool mr croc een bolleke alstublieft

cool mr croc

cool mr croc een bolleke alstublieft

32,942 posts
    Since Apr 12, 2004
    yeh first you need to get them off the meth
  11. zakalwe THE BARON OF FADE

zakalwe

zakalwe THE BARON OF FADE

9,290 posts
    Since Apr 1, 2012
    nooooooo he can't lose. it'll end up being rubio vs clinton which is just no fun :(
  12. elusion and zakalwe like this.

Brecht

29,343 posts
    Since Mar 5, 2004
    I never used to think it was possible, but Sanders is making a real move. He was down by 50 points on July 1st, it's now 18 (which is still huge).

However, he's competitive in Iowa, ahead in some polls there. He's ahead in NH. He's way behind in South Carolina tbf. Actually good get a lot closer than I thought.
    elusion and zakalwe like this.
  13. Straylight likes this.

dahuka Polymath

dahuka

dahuka Polymath

10,808 posts
    Since Mar 31, 2005

Surgery is a rather mechanical wing of medicine.

In my experience, general practitioners are a bit more humanistic. They see the whole person, speak to them in health and sickness, often discuss the larger issues of a person's life as they relate to their health.

By contrast, surgeons are engineers. They work on bodies, not people. The ones I've met are egotistical, unemotional, lacking in bedside manner, the kind of people unable to consider other options of anything.

When my wife needed orthopedic surgery, she went to the ortho surgeon to get checked out and previewed for surgery. The surgeon, one of the best in the south with a list of celebrity athlete clients, looked her straight in the eye, grabbed her post-pregnancy belly with both hands, shook it and said, "I'm not doing a thing until this is gone." :smashed:

Point being, the field doesn't seem to attract holistic thinkers.
    Straylight likes this.
  14. reTRenD likes this.

Russel Arnold First Principles

Russel Arnold

7,847 posts
    Since Oct 14, 2009
    Yeah youre right. Surgeons are pricks, dont need much intelligence to be one - it's manual dexterity (and a lot of the time not even that much), maybe daring and recklessness are important traits (but then they've always got the anaesthetist next to them if shit really hits the fan).

In the UK they only became "doctors" fairly late on in their history and were barbers by trade - that's why when you pass your membership exams to enter The Royal College of Surgeons you go from Dr. back to Mr.

After the operation they dont give a fuck, and dont know how to manage any medical post-op complications and it's the juniors having to deal with it.
    reTRenD likes this.
  15. Brecht Inaugural DOA Poker Tournament Champ

Brecht

29,343 posts
    Since Mar 5, 2004
    Really!

I knew they were Mr., but didn't know the history of it. Amusing:

Why are surgeons in the UK called Mr/Miss/Ms/Mrs, rather than Dr?
    In most other parts of the world all medical practitioners, physicians and surgeons alike, are referred to as Dr while in the UK surgeons are usually referred to as Mr/Miss/Ms/Mrs. This is because, from the Middle Ages physicians had to embark on formal university training to gain possession of a degree in medicine before they could enter practice. The possession of this degree, a doctorate, entitled them to the title of ‘Doctor of Medicine’ or Doctor.

The training of surgeons until the mid-19th century was different. They did not have to go to university to gain a degree; instead they usually served as an apprentice to a surgeon. Afterwards they took an examination. In London, after 1745, this was conducted by the Surgeons' Company and after 1800 by The Royal College of Surgeons. If successful they were awarded a diploma, not a degree, therefore they were unable to call themselves 'Doctor', and stayed instead with the title 'Mr'.

Outside London and in the largest cities, the surgeon served as an apprentice like many other tradesmen, but did not necessarily take any examination. Today all medical practitioners, whether physicians or surgeons have to undertake training at medical school to obtain a qualifying degree. Thereafter a further period of postgraduate study and training through junior posts is required before full consultant surgeon status is achieved. Thus the tradition of a surgeon being referred to as Mr/Miss/Ms/Mrs has continued, meaning that in effect a person starts as Mr/Miss/Ms/Mrs, becomes a Dr and then goes back to being a Mr/Miss/Ms/Mrs again!
  16. Gazoo likes this.

Russel Arnold

7,847 posts
    Since Oct 14, 2009
    Sill see this outside the odd barber:

[​IMG]

It represents blood and bandages.
    (I think anyway).
    Gazoo likes this.
  17. Gazoo likes this.

Brecht

29,343 posts
    Since Mar 5, 2004
    Gazoo likes this.
  18. sicduk clit commander

sicduk

sicduk clit commander

1,718 posts
    Since Apr 25, 2015
  19. reTRenD ^_^

reTRenD

reTRenD ^_^

29,158 posts
    Since Jan 23, 2002
    I bet Trump has a tremendous surgeon.

Knew the barbers bandages thing but didn't realise surgeons weren't really docs. I thought they were like premiere league doctors.

Always heard off mates in the NHS they treat most staff like shit cos they think they're superstars or some shit. TMYK
  20. coexist 1/81

coexist

coexist 1/81

1,201 posts
    Since Sep 26, 2006
    Simpson's did it!
  21. Russel Arnold likes this.

Venkmon GAK 4

Venkmon

Venkmon GAK 4

8,441 posts
    Since Jan 9, 2007

Had this exact kind of thing with my surgeon (orthopedic, knee) . Very blasé, saying that I will be fine to be discharged 2 hours after surgery, when 5 hours later I was still absolutely fucked from it all. He spoke to the nurses as if they were some sort of sub-human minions and the physio said to me 'please don't tell him (the surgeon) that I've told you to do these excercises (for rehab) as he might not agree with what I've told you' ...lol. since found out that a friend of a friend has to work with him in theatre and that he's universally hated for talking to juniors and nurses like crap.
    Russel Arnold likes this.
  22. hadees

hadees

hadees

7,494 posts
    Since Nov 22, 2002
    Vote Ron Paul Jeremy Corbyn
  23. lien and reTRenD like this.

Jdoggks

Jdoggks

Jdoggks

7,114 posts
    Since May 13, 2001
    lien and reTRenD like this.
  24. ChavXL Drinking the banner ads

ChavXL

ChavXL Drinking the banner ads

33,424 posts
    Since Feb 6, 2005
    :ana:

imagine the conversations Trump and Corbyn would have
  25. hadees

hadees

hadees

7,494 posts
    Since Nov 22, 2002
  26. DJCriticalMass likes this.

Russel Arnold

7,847 posts
    Since Oct 14, 2009
    Controversial South Park episode shows Donald Trump being raped and murdered
    DJCriticalMass likes this.
  27. lien and DJCriticalMass like this.

AshyLarry

AshyLarry

AshyLarry

1,609 posts
    Since Feb 6, 2014
    [​IMG]

lol
    lien and DJCriticalMass like this.
  28. Straylight and DJCriticalMass like this.

zakalwe

9,290 posts
    Since Apr 1, 2012
  29. GenXisT Why does she slap?!

GenXisT

GenXisT Why does she slap?!

48,992 posts
    Since Feb 4, 2005
    I'll just let you read this then...
    the dude is a completely batshit, Tom, delusional psycho... plain and simple...

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2015/01/ben-carson-evolution-fossil-record
    dude uses the very easily debunked designer argument... :ana:
    What a fuckin turbo goon...
  30. Jdoggks

Jdoggks

Jdoggks

7,114 posts
    Since May 13, 2001
    No he doesn't. :ana:

Trump: Rick Perry wears glasses to seem smart
Off-Topic