27.4%
  3. American cheese

43.2%
  1. Jdoggks

Jdoggks

Jdoggks

7,114 posts
    Since May 13, 2001
    Even if increased taxes on the wealthy will cover services for a while (like 'free college tuition') -- which government branch (and bureaucrats) is effectively going to pull off and maintain this incomprehensibly complex transformation? (without reducing the quality of our universities)

Let's just think back about our government's recent history at large scale projects:

- fucked up Katrina
    - let 45 billion dollars go missing in Afghanistan
    - gave ISIS 2,300 humvees (indirectly)
    - spent 2.1 billion taxpayer dollars on Obamacare website that didn't work
    - let 307,000 veterans die while waiting for healthcare

This is all shit our government has fucked up in the last 15 years.

Yet meanwhile, the US private sector continues to be one of the world's top drivers of global innovation.

It's not just random coincidence that Uber / iPhone / Android / Amazon / Google etc were created in the US (and not in Europe). (Europe's venture capital funding is 1/5 of the US)

So yeah, while I actually like Bernie as a guy, and think his intentions are noble, the reality of making his transformations with our jacked up government (and lower-quality talent in the government compared to our private sector).....probably going to only make things worse.

And I direct people to the abbreviated list of government fuckups above, while encouraging everyone to think about your last experience with the DMV (that's one of our government-run facilities).
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  2. Jdoggks

Jdoggks

Jdoggks

7,114 posts
    Since May 13, 2001
    In another thread, I showed you hard data (aka reality) showing that blacks getting murdered by cops, is only a tiny fraction compared to blacks murdering other blacks. It's not even remotely close.

I think you told me 'fuck you' - that was your way of dealing with learning reality. :ana:
  3. Tipsy_McStagger

Tipsy_McStagger

Tipsy_McStagger

2,315 posts
    Since May 9, 2012
    "I have made myself very rich," Trump says (over and over again). "I would make this country very rich." That's why he should be president. He insists that he's the "most successful man ever to run", never mind the drafters of the constitution or the supreme commander of the allied forces. Bloomberg puts Trump's current net worth at US$2.9 billion, Forbes at US$4.1 billion. The National Journal has worked out that if Trump had just put his father's money in a mutual fund that tracked the S&P 500 and spent his career finger-painting, he'd have US$8 billion. (Source: London Review of Books, Deborah Friedell's review of Michael D'Antonio's biography of Donald Trump)
  4. Jdoggks

Jdoggks

Jdoggks

7,114 posts
    Since May 13, 2001
    look how Trump coolly and calmly handled getting ganged up on by five screeching women

Whoopi Goldberg stops short of calling Donald...

now compare that to how Bernie Sanders handled getting interrupted by Black Lives Matter

Black Lives Matters Demonstration at Bernie...

seeing this night and day difference (staying calm under pressure vs wilting under pressure) -- it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see who would be a better negotiator (on behalf of the US) with Putin and the Chinese.
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
  5. reTRenD ^_^

reTRenD

reTRenD ^_^

28,870 posts
    Since Jan 23, 2002
    I love that Whoopi Goldberg walks off like she's made some sort of statement. Its your own show you stupid cunt, you just allowed a guess to rip the cunt out of you then bailed.

He's pretty obviously going to be the next President now, the jokes over.
  6. Brecht Inaugural DOA Poker Tournament Champ

Brecht

Brecht Inaugural DOA Poker Tournament Champ

28,897 posts
    Since Mar 5, 2004
    LOL

No way. He *might* somehow claw his way to the GOP nomination, but I massively doubt it. He will get killed in the general.
  7. reTRenD ^_^

reTRenD

reTRenD ^_^

28,870 posts
    Since Jan 23, 2002
    Wish I had your confidence. He's crushing it in the polls
  8. luthatron \o/

luthatron

luthatron \o/

52,970 posts
    Since Feb 3, 2004
    lol
  9. Brecht Inaugural DOA Poker Tournament Champ

Brecht

28,897 posts
    Since Mar 5, 2004
    He's crushing it in the polls for the GOP nomination, but even there he's been slowly losing ground to Carson (which is also an epic lol).

He's behind against both Clinton and Sanders.

I think that the Republicans will (and I don't mean this literally) "come to their senses" and vote for Rubio or Cruz. Cruz is the really dangerous one imo, he's a very smart guy.
  10. Brecht Inaugural DOA Poker Tournament Champ

Brecht

28,897 posts
    Since Mar 5, 2004
    :laughing:

Completely relevant!
  11. reTRenD ^_^

reTRenD

reTRenD ^_^

28,870 posts
    Since Jan 23, 2002
    I think Hilary and Sanders would lose to Trump.

I can't wait for the white house reality TV show.
  12. Brecht Inaugural DOA Poker Tournament Champ

Brecht

28,897 posts
    Since Mar 5, 2004
    I'll take this bet for any reasonable amount you like - happy to escrow if it becomes a possibility ;)
  13. reTRenD ^_^

reTRenD

reTRenD ^_^

28,870 posts
    Since Jan 23, 2002
  14. Brecht Inaugural DOA Poker Tournament Champ

Brecht

28,897 posts
    Since Mar 5, 2004
    Not "reasonable". $250?
  15. reTRenD ^_^

reTRenD

reTRenD ^_^

28,870 posts
    Since Jan 23, 2002
    It was a Mitt Romney joke
  16. reTRenD likes this.

Brecht

28,897 posts
    Since Mar 5, 2004
    Ahhh, I'll bet you 47% of the audience miss it.
    reTRenD likes this.
  17. Jdoggks likes this.

Robbo Delicious

Robbo Delicious

Robbo Delicious

24,283 posts
    Since Apr 12, 2006
    Trump is anti-TPP right? I'm backing Trump.
    Jdoggks likes this.
  18. Jdoggks

Jdoggks

Jdoggks

7,114 posts
    Since May 13, 2001
    Yep, Trump has been anti-TPP for a long time <-----his comments on it back in April

whereas Hillary is on record promoting TPP 45 different times around the world <---- :smashed:

Hillary recently changed her tune on TPP and came out against, but she has been VERY influential in it nearing becoming international law for 40% + of the world's GDP (again, here she is promoting it around the world 45 different times as secretary of state)

TPP is very close to passing and has been worked on for a decade, it's incredibly vast and few members of the public and government officials actually know what it's in it)

It is is going to be a a catastrophe for democracies, it's letting international corporations go around individual nation state's laws - with TPP courts to enforce the agreement, that have power over individual nation's courts -- bad shit).

also listen to Trump speak over 10+ years ago when Bush was president (and Republicans controlled congress) -- interesting words from him on Bush, Cheney, middle eastern wars etc

Donald Trump: Bush Admini"Everything is A...

Also one more clip of Trump speaking in Manhattan two days after 9/11 with German reporters, crazy shit (he's born and raised in NYC, for all the conspiracy theorists)

9/13/2001 Donald Trump at Ground Zero with a...

My points on all this are you can easily listen to Trump himself (and not corporate media talking heads telling you what he said)

Corporate media are for TPP (even respected newspapers like the Washington Post), they've been very shady in helping it nearing passing -- the way they minimize coverage and knowledge of something incredibly vast.

Lastly --- Trump and Bernie Sanders are the only major candidates NOT reading speeches off teleprompters (like Hillary is doing below)

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
  19. Straylight, zakalwe, hadees and 2 others like this.

Rogue Trooper Giant Smurf

Rogue Trooper

Rogue Trooper Giant Smurf

4,990 posts
    Since Jan 22, 2004
  20. GenXisT <snappy title here>

GenXisT

GenXisT <snappy title here>

48,655 posts
    Since Feb 4, 2005
  21. hadees

hadees

hadees

7,226 posts
    Since Nov 22, 2002
  22. Rogue Trooper and GenXisT like this.

dahuka Polymath

dahuka

dahuka Polymath

10,678 posts
    Since Mar 31, 2005
    Yet he's jumped Trump in the polls. Seriously, the dumber the shit you say and more disconnected from reality you are, the more the GOP base will lap you up.

It's baffling.
    Rogue Trooper and GenXisT like this.
  23. GenXisT <snappy title here>

GenXisT

48,655 posts
    Since Feb 4, 2005
    it's not baffling, really. the GOP base the evangelical GOP base are equally fucking stupid. I mean... they're literally stupid people... it's like a living cesspool of stupid.... and it get more "stupider" every day...
  24. Rogue Trooper likes this.

GenXisT

48,655 posts
    Since Feb 4, 2005
    Exhibit A:

http://www.krgv.com/news/local-news...-school-Kids-Have-to-Learn-Something/36190388

So these dumb fucking religious home-schooling fuckers didn't teach their kids anything because Jebus...
    :smashed: :burn:

I. Don't. Even.
    Rogue Trooper likes this.
  25. dahuka likes this.

hadees

hadees

hadees

7,226 posts
    Since Nov 22, 2002
    GenXisT religious posts.:ana:
    dahuka likes this.
  26. GenXisT <snappy title here>

GenXisT

48,655 posts
    Since Feb 4, 2005
    http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2015/11/ben-carson-running-for-president.html

27. GenXisT <snappy title here>

GenXisT

48,655 posts
    Since Feb 4, 2005
    I should really just start a Ben Carson thread...

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/ben-carson-stands-by-pyramid-theory

This dude is a world class idiot. He's getting to the point where he's making Sarah Palin look intelligent!!!!
  28. Rogue Trooper and GenXisT like this.

Kieron B

Kieron B

Kieron B

236 posts
    Since Apr 29, 2015
    387903_10150464208291177_87880722_n.jpg
    Rogue Trooper and GenXisT like this.
  29. GenXisT likes this.

zakalwe THE BARON OF FADE

zakalwe

zakalwe THE BARON OF FADE

9,285 posts
    Since Apr 1, 2012
    GenXisT likes this.
  30. GenXisT <snappy title here>

GenXisT

48,655 posts
    Since Feb 4, 2005
    actually... i'll post this in the other thread...
Off-Topic