129 posts
    Since Mar 11, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  2. dabbler

dabbler

dabbler

3,251 posts
    Since Mar 11, 2002
    vocals are too loud in the mix (and have too much reverb) - and that's on my work/shitty computer speakers.
    intro could stand to be a bit longer (for mixing)
  3. DeeBeeDave

DeeBeeDave

DeeBeeDave

129 posts
    Since Mar 11, 2009
    yeah listening back they are clearly way too loud, I think I may have left the original group and bounced audio playing at the same time, which probably exacerbated the chorus effect on it, I guess that's what I get for mixing down on 'hyped' sound headphones on my lunch break. I'll fix this when I get home, cheers
  4. Jimmy Crack

Jimmy Crack

Jimmy Crack

2,497 posts
    Since Nov 3, 2015
    Did u update,it yet ?
  5. Chann3l DnB Maker

Chann3l

Chann3l DnB Maker

189 posts
    Since Feb 17, 2017
    Haha I entered that contest too. Other than the vocals being too loud, I think the snare is a little to compressed but that's subjective. During the break it sounds like you cut the stem short on the lead so it doesn't play out and it's a little jarring but very interesting sounding remix :D
  6. DeeBeeDave

DeeBeeDave

DeeBeeDave

129 posts
    Since Mar 11, 2009
    Didn't get home till quite late and ended up doing a lot more tweaking and editing, it turns out trying to mixdown on a lunchbreak isn't the best idea... I'm not sure the bass sounds quite right now but I've updated it to it's current version.

Nice, is your remix online yet? I've done lots of little tweaks and changed things around a bit and I think it has a bit of a better flow and balance now. I'm out tomorrow night so some just going to make some final tweak over the weekend. I wish us luck, there are some sick prizes for the contest!
  7. Chann3l DnB Maker

Chann3l

Chann3l DnB Maker

189 posts
    Since Feb 17, 2017
  8. Chann3l likes this.

Jimmy Crack

Jimmy Crack

Jimmy Crack

2,497 posts
    Since Nov 3, 2015
    Nice yo! Needs some low end though / drums more upfront. Are you using verb?
    Chann3l likes this.
  9. DeeBeeDave

DeeBeeDave

DeeBeeDave

129 posts
    Since Mar 11, 2009
  10. DeeBeeDave

DeeBeeDave

DeeBeeDave

129 posts
    Since Mar 11, 2009
    Cheers for the feedback mate, will do some last minute tweaking over the weekend. Got some reverb going on here and there, why's that?
Music Discussion