Xtrah is a fraud

Music Discussion | May 9, 2015

1. hartx

hartx

hartx

5 posts
    Since May 9, 2015
    helo evry1 i am hartx. i changed my post 2day to say sry for nicking all these trax n i wana get it of my chest before clayton bangs me an i get turnd into a vegtable. neway i was like makin tunes n my m8 sed they wos shit so i fought i should make bangerz insted so i lookd for a bangr and then found 1 and so i made that 1 insted of my 1s. this wos that tune:
    Xtrah & DLR - Direct Approach

and i made it from this 1 cos it is a bangeerrrrr:

Bad Company - The Nine

and den evrry1 was like "hartx ur sick m8" so i fought i wud do anover banger so next i did dis 1:

Xtrah - Operator (Official Video) [Cyberfunk]

and i got dis banger from here: sick tune mate so bangin

Ed Rush, Optical & Fierce - Alien Girl HD

so den afta i made sum bangers i was finkin i shud make a lable for them innit cos then i cud make ps fam so i went an found a old lable wot wosnt gud anymor but the name wos a banger, that wos this lable "cybrefunk" so i got that name cos it was sick but then the man who rans it switched on me:

https://www.facebook.com/DJQuestCyberfunk/posts/10152709187446035

its gud tho i threatned him wiv vilence on soshal medea and made a sick logo so i won that 1. here is my sick logo

[​IMG]

i got it from this fing i duno wot it is but looks gay and for nerdz so i did it insted and madeit look more sicker.

[​IMG]

but yeh basicly im sory i upset u all but its just how ni do fings innit. i hope u can forgiv me and watch dis space cos next up i have a sick new banger comin out its called "BUCKEL UP" and im gettin dis 1 from dat pendulem tune.

pendulum fasten your seatbelts

its gona b sick

bless up u man
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  2. Steven C aka KOETSI

Steven C

Steven C aka KOETSI

15,555 posts
    Since Nov 13, 2001
    This is dance music, the whole thing is based on inspiration and stolen ideas. Who cares if he is inspired, they are hardly carbon copies. You remind me of the annoying boy who goes running to the headmaster or tells tales to gain brownie points for himself. Xtrahs tunes are not identical
    , they have similar sounds so what? This is drum and bass music, which contains well, drums and bass, so let's not all go pissing our pants and crying to mammy when we here a tune with a similar noise in it to one we heard 17 years ago.
  3. Jungle Jay likes this.

zeroec Pigs in space

zeroec

zeroec Pigs in space

7,487 posts
    Since Jan 30, 2002
    the logo is from the roleplaying game Cyberpunk by Richard Talsorian Games from the late eighties

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberpunk_2020

i thought it was an ironic nerdy nod to neuro being "cyberpunk"
    dont know if there is any copyright infringement
    i guess its not a font but a one off design
    Jungle Jay likes this.
  4. Sjankara, BleakRef, ADK and 15 others like this.

tyranny AKA EXECUTIVE STEVE

tyranny

tyranny AKA EXECUTIVE STEVE

19,406 posts
    Since Apr 24, 2002
    That logo is gas, a complete lift. Heard that Xtrah & DLR clone of the Nine, and yeah it is an utter ripoff.

This is what happens though when the game becomes about who can make a louder snare or a fartier snarl than the next guy, you get all these heads breaking through with loads of skill at making tunes but with a note or a song in their heads. They spend years trying to get a punchier kick and a squelchier lead than the next guy and obsess about getting their mixdowns to stand up next to all the other identikit tunes by the same gaggle of engineers and wake up realising they have no clue about music or vibes. Sterile muck results, and when all you care about is impact why not rip off an old tune that most of the heads you play out to have never heard anyway?
    Sjankara, BleakRef, ADK and 15 others like this.
  5. phat 1, Forthryte and Jungle Jay like this.

junglebass1

junglebass1

junglebass1

3,706 posts
    Since Apr 23, 2015
    phat 1, Forthryte and Jungle Jay like this.
  6. Rezika 2.0, Alert1, Snowball and 3 others like this.

nise1

nise1

nise1

2,524 posts
    Since Jul 24, 2005
    Why do you blame the guy, as his name says, he uses original work and adds something Xtrah! :teeth:
    Rezika 2.0, Alert1, Snowball and 3 others like this.
  7. zeroec Pigs in space

zeroec

zeroec Pigs in space

7,487 posts
    Since Jan 30, 2002
    a remake is not exactly a new thing
    Hollywood is doing it all the time
    so now Xtrah is remaking old neuro-tunes

i somewhat like the idea, but as im not a fan of neuro, this does nothing for me
  8. Alert1, serjin, Mania and 2 others like this.

freeradical8 D&B snob Staff Member

freeradical8

freeradical8 D&B snob Staff Member

10,860 posts
    Since Jun 27, 2009
    some of it is a little embarrassing. the tunes im fine with. the tunes are old enough and the impression i get is that they're a nod to the tunes that got him into dnb. the logo and label name is a little sad. i mean do you damn homework before you make an alias to go by or label-name. at the very least he could call it 'cybafunk' if that isnt taken already idk. the logo it's quite likely he did not create so nothing against him for that.

i'm a fan of xtrah and none of this really changes my opinion of him. seriously the dnb scene is one of the most unsupportive out there, it's no wonder people leave. burning producers at the stake IE: future prophecies, mistabishi is just sad. ya maybe call them out or question stuff but this whole online shaming thing just reaks of ego and people wanting attention and a cyber pat on the back. no pat on the back from me 'hartx' you just seem like another person who needs a new hobby or to just flat out get a life.
    Alert1, serjin, Mania and 2 others like this.
  9. Avoider likes this.

zeroec Pigs in space

zeroec

zeroec Pigs in space

7,487 posts
    Since Jan 30, 2002
    notice how OP made this account xtrah for this thread and even has the badboys picture as his avatar :laughing:
    Avoider likes this.
  10. Alert1 likes this.

junglebass1

junglebass1

junglebass1

3,706 posts
    Since Apr 23, 2015
    double reverse psychology ninja jedi mind trick business.
    Alert1 likes this.
  11. random danish person likes this.

Salient land of the dead

Salient

Salient land of the dead

3,023 posts
    Since May 1, 2005
    Welcome to drum & bass.

Shit logo
    random danish person likes this.
  12. ja-ki

ja-ki

ja-ki

1,694 posts
    Since Nov 30, 2008
    don't bother, the old tunes still sound better than the rip offs.
  13. kidchop

kidchop

kidchop

10 posts
    Since Feb 10, 2015
    How come people were hating on culture shock for raindrops and not so much on xtrah?
  14. saganspirit

saganspirit

saganspirit

509 posts
    Since Nov 16, 2014
    The tunes are similar but not direct rip-offs. The logo is pretty blatant though!
  15. Steven C aka KOETSI

Steven C

Steven C aka KOETSI

15,555 posts
    Since Nov 13, 2001
    So I wonder which producer jealous of xtrahs production values got so mad he had to make a post using an alias and point out the genius concept that shock horror some dance music producers are influenced by each other and make similar noises within this incredibly similar sounding niche pigeonhole genre.:smile2:
  16. Alert1 and Avoider like this.

afek_one Dude that still likes dnb

afek_one

afek_one Dude that still likes dnb

3,060 posts
    Since Jul 9, 2003
    I don't really see the big deal. It's clear those tunes are inspired by the originals. They're classics. Everyone knows them. OP is coming off like a stalker tbh.
    Alert1 and Avoider like this.
  17. qwert678!!!! ʕノ•ᴥ•ʔノ ︵ uosɐǝɹ

qwert678!!!!

qwert678!!!! ʕノ•ᴥ•ʔノ ︵ uosɐǝɹ

4,990 posts
    Since Jun 22, 2010
    Did future prophecies get caught up in a scandal?
  18. coexist 1/81

coexist

coexist 1/81

1,210 posts
    Since Sep 26, 2006
    wtf @ this thread
  19. coexist 1/81

coexist

coexist 1/81

1,210 posts
    Since Sep 26, 2006
    oh, and where's your tunes

:teef:
  20. Alert1 likes this.

LIALD2k8 Mild Green

LIALD2k8

LIALD2k8 Mild Green

2,165 posts
    Since Nov 18, 2008
  21. sicduk likes this.

chris.. Supreme Gentleman User

chris..

chris.. Supreme Gentleman User

1,387 posts
    Since May 24, 2014
    I see what you did there and I don't care
    sicduk likes this.
  22. Momentumdnb Deconstructed Rec

Momentumdnb

Momentumdnb Deconstructed Rec

2,565 posts
    Since May 18, 2005
    :script:

Dnb is dead bruv
  23. Wozowski Music IS my religion.

Wozowski

Wozowski Music IS my religion.

23,295 posts
    Since Aug 18, 2004
    If you are going to rip something off then do it better than the original.

He didn't, and will disappear into obscurity like so many tears in rain.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Speaking of which, I think these two might be ripping off these other two.

[​IMG]
  24. Alert1 and zeroec like this.

Rostok on toast

Rostok

Rostok on toast

611 posts
    Since Feb 3, 2014
    Sure, the tunes are slightly different to the originals, but they're not really bringing anything new to the table and imho they sound a bit underwhelming compared to the original. They're different pieces of music but it's pretty clear the general idea's been done tons and tons in the past.

With the label though that's at another level and I can't accept that taking the exact name and logo of a label that's still active is a "homage".
    Alert1 and zeroec like this.
  25. surplus likes this.

Wozowski

23,295 posts
    Since Aug 18, 2004
    I forgot to point out if you lived during the era of The Nine or Alien Girl there was about 300 direct rip offs that came out right after their release and huge success too.

Hands up who can name one?
    surplus likes this.
  26. surplus SURPLUS

surplus

surplus SURPLUS

1,799 posts
    Since Nov 6, 2001
    Its been a while since of waded into these type of debates as tbh just sounds like the user that started this thread has got a serious personal resentment. With regards to the tune let me give an example, Villem and McLeod recently made a tune with Riya and Dynamite which is a head nod to brown paper bag, ironically brown paper bag pretty much lifted its main hook from a a classic jazz song. Does that detract from either song? No! All three where sufficiently different to stand up as original pieces. This is sample based music, building loops on loops, whether producers should credit other artists who have some how contributed to a track is a whole new debate and subjective. Since the dawn of creativity people have taken exiting popular content and reworked it in someway, you take an idea that works and rework it or apply it differently. This is true of all creative enterprises from Renaissance art to modern cooking. As for the Xtrah tracks they are clearly influenced by those tunes but different enough imo not to credit them, tbh tho I think the originals still sound better. As for the artwork that for me is a bit closer to the bone, but I have no idea how that came about so not willing to pass judgement. I think someone is probably a little bitter and this goes on far too much on this forum, hence why I come on here less and less. The person who posted this probably knows limited facts and has an axe to grind for some reason, I highly doubt that most Drum and Bass fans care or even the original artists!
  27. Paravoid likes this.

sublime-dnb

sublime-dnb

sublime-dnb

277 posts
    Since Oct 31, 2014
    Surplus talking sense.
    Paravoid likes this.
  28. darf-fader 2001 or STFU

darf-fader

darf-fader 2001 or STFU

8,287 posts
    Since Dec 11, 2001
  29. runningman

runningman

runningman

1,364 posts
    Since Jan 26, 2007
    people always borrow bits and bobs etc. but come on, both those tunes are bait as fuck
  30. Tritons Son and qwert678!!!! like this.

Standby

Standby

Standby

2,540 posts
    Since Jun 1, 2002
    they don't sound similar enough to warrant any drama at all imo. The logo is def copied but ultimately, who gives a shit
    Tritons Son and qwert678!!!! like this.
Music Discussion